Latest news:
Saturday 19 October, KO 15:00, Ampthill v Yorkshire Carnegie at Dillingham Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Prediction League is open!
Discussion started by Bobba (IP Logged), 17 September, 2019 12:55
Bobba
Bobba
17 September, 2019 12:55
Is that happening this season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2019 13:23 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 September, 2019 13:14
Yep!

(Sm134)

Bobba
Bobba
17 September, 2019 18:47
Cheers!(Sm128)

leeds_shark
WPL
18 September, 2019 10:29
I was going to enter for the 1st time this year - do I have to enter all the predictions now or can I just do the Nottingham one for now?

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
18 September, 2019 12:22
As long as each prediction is in before kick-off time you will be fine, but it's easy to forget. I generally put something in for each game as soon as they appear; you can always go back and refine your guesses later.

In two minds as to whether to bother this season; it will be even more of a stab in the dark than usual.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
18 September, 2019 12:37
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
As long as each prediction is in before kick-off time you will be fine, but it's easy to forget. I generally put something in for each game as soon as they appear; you can always go back and refine your guesses later.
In two minds as to whether to bother this season; it will be even more of a stab in the dark than usual.

I find that the prediction league has become a barometer for life in generalwith all the unexpected results, twists and turns and disasters, and of course, the inevitable disappointment at the end!

(Sm124)

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
18 September, 2019 13:23
Indeed. Which is why I am tempted not to bother faffing about with predictions and just take the disappointment as read!

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Bobba
Bobba
18 September, 2019 13:44
I feel the prediction league is an opportunity of using the grey matter between our ears in trying to predict the likely result of matches. Clearly, the first few games are going to be anyone's guess. As the season progresses we have a better idea of how the team are performing and predictions will have to be adjusted. As for "disappointment as read", I look forward to the positive results which, I predict, will happen. It is those in the middle of the field who will decide by their performances on whether our glasses are half full or not.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
20 September, 2019 14:53
The number of people backing us to win tonight has increased since the team was announced. What do they know I wonder?

yeldor
yeldor
20 September, 2019 15:57
Quote:
Wildwillie
The number of people backing us to win tonight has increased since the team was announced. What do they know I wonder?

Oh ye of little faith .

(Sm60)

Lets hope were dancing on the journey home .

Bobba
Bobba
20 September, 2019 22:50
With that result the prediction table should read: Optimists 0 - Pessimists 1

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
21 September, 2019 04:42
Predicting is going to be fun this season.

(Sm124)

JohnRich
JohnRich
23 September, 2019 09:48
Where is it............?????

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
23 September, 2019 10:07
John - Click on "Home" and a drop down menu will appear. The prediction league is first on that menu.

JohnRich
JohnRich
23 September, 2019 18:35
Thanks WW. Found it with your help.!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net