Latest news:
Saturday 30 November - 14:30, Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish at West Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

The point is...
Discussion started by TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged), 29 October, 2019 07:32
TykesRugby.co.uk
TykesRugby.co.uk
29 October, 2019 07:32
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2019 07:40 by Wildwillie .

leeds exile
leeds exile
29 October, 2019 15:22
I attended Sunday's match and paid in cash. I was given a ticket. Therefore the club must know the attendance. I was under the impression that the Inland Revenue requires all sporting organisations to declare attendance figures in order that the correct tax can be paid. This really is unacceptable.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
29 October, 2019 18:19
Nice balanced report WPL. (Sm134)

As well as a rapidly-assembled team of players we also have two coaches finding their feet at this level (although I think they will get lots of advice from friends and family), and they have limited time to drill the squad due to the part time situation.

Uphill struggle but lets hope that they can get it together!

(Sm46)

Bobba
Bobba
30 October, 2019 09:24
A good, honest assessment of the first three league matches. Due to circumstances I have not been able to attend the two "home" games, so am not able to comment on what I saw on the field of play. However from the comments of those who have attended and reports elsewhere, it seems to me that, whilst we have players who know where the try line is, our defence is poor to say the least. If there is any money left in the kitty, a quality defence coach must be a priority. The England boys in Japan have proved, without any shadow of doubt, in their performances against the Aussies and the Kiwis, that victories are based on solid defences.

I think, no matter what, we will improve, the worry is, when! Good look to the lads on Friday!

JDH1
JDH1
30 October, 2019 18:46
Our defence is extremely poor. Something needs to change and quick.

Just watched the highlights again and some of the tries are gift rapped. Need to cut out the major silly mistakes.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
30 October, 2019 20:59
I think we need to step up the coaching. Has Joe's Dad got any spare time? (Sm100)

Bobba
Bobba
01 November, 2019 22:11
Perhaps Lanny senior could assist?

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
02 November, 2019 06:15
thumbs down

Bobba
Bobba
05 November, 2019 09:32
Donald Trump and his wall needed to shore up our defences!(Sm57)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
07 November, 2019 10:58
(Sm20)

Bobba
Bobba
07 November, 2019 15:45
I would have to be a movable one so that it could change ends at half time!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
08 November, 2019 10:20
Bobba please stop digging...……

(Sm21)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net