Latest news:
Sunday 1 March, KO 15:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish at Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Fans travelling to Jersey.
Discussion started by TrafalgarInnJersey (IP Logged), 22 January, 2020 15:31
TrafalgarInnJersey
TrafalgarInnJersey
22 January, 2020 15:31
Hi all

My name is Neil; I'm a Jersey Reds fan and also the landlord of The Trafalgar Inn pub in St Aubin Jersey. For those who haven't visited Jersey previously, St Aubin is Jersey’s picturesque fishing port with lots of history, many of Jersey's best restaurants and some fine drinking establishments that should not be missed.

This could be seen as a shameless plug but we genuinely believe that your travelling members should know of The Trafalgar Inn prior to travelling as we’re a keen rugby pub and - while we're proud supporters of Jersey Reds - we're a welcoming place and always delighted to see visiting fans. Plus:
- We serve a selection ales and are included in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2020.
- It's an ideal stop-off between the Rugby Club and St Helier if taking the number 15 bus.
- You'll always likely to meet some of the Jersey players on the evening of the game as the front bar, with live music, is always very popular with fans and players.
- Live Music Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening.
- For those who are less keen on crowds during the evening are back bar is a pleasant haven which is where you’ll find our ale pumps.

For members who would prefer to head back to St Helier I'd recommend to the Lamplighter for good Beers and Ciders and as a place to watch the Rugby. For live music The Blue Note and The Troubadour are always worth checking out.

Good luck to your team and I hope all travelling fans enjoy their stay. The weather is looks like it' going to be excellent so you'll be seeing Jersey at its best!!

Kind regards

Neil

Web: www.trafalgarinn.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/trafalgarinnjersey

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
22 January, 2020 18:50
Hi Trafalgar, thanks for your post. However, given the position the club is in I suggest that you do not put expenditure from lots of away fans from Leeds/Yorkshire in your business plan.
Personally I would love to make the trip, but in happier circumstances and possibly when the weather is likely to be warmer.

smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
23 January, 2020 08:34
Thanks Neil - if you can get my liver ready for collection. I've left it with you a few times. (Sm6)(Sm128)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net