Latest news:
Sunday 1 March, KO 15:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish at Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

You値l never believe this
Discussion started by yeldor (IP Logged), 22 January, 2020 19:13
yeldor
yeldor
22 January, 2020 19:13
He s left.
[EDIT by almo]

Joe Ford you mean:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

sent off carried off never backed off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2020 19:52 by almostatyke.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2
22 January, 2020 19:16
Well we should be used to it.......4th or 5th time? Did wonder about the illness

leeds_shark
WPL
22 January, 2020 19:16
Had me worried there for a minute....I知 not surprised in a way as I知 sure PD will want his own coaches in where he can

Hornchurch
Hornchurch
22 January, 2020 19:30
Such a snow flake.

leeds exile
leeds exile
22 January, 2020 19:43
He added nothing on the pitch and presumably his coaching skills were also ineffective.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
22 January, 2020 19:56
Announcement says it was Joe's decision to go so i wish him all the best.

I understand he was on a decent wedge, and with Colin Stephens being part-time, hopefully this should free up some funds for players.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
22 January, 2020 20:03
Before we add to the anti-Joe comments, I would like to add that it must have been very difficult to continue as, in effect, the board has dismissed the Wood/Ford effort at keeping the club afloat.

It would seem that Phil has his own way of doing things and prefers his own men. Perfectly understandable. I suspect Joe was isolated and has preferred to start his coaching career again elsewhere.

I personally wish Joe all the best and thank him for doing his best, in almost impossible circumstances, in keeping our team going.

I hope that this move releases some of our very scarce cash towards progressing in a way that Phil wants.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
22 January, 2020 20:05
Quote:
leeds exile
He added nothing on the pitch and presumably his coaching skills were also ineffective.

Harsh

JDH1
JDH1
22 January, 2020 20:06
All the best to him. Never my favourite though.

MESSAGES->author
SideStep
22 January, 2020 20:08
Joe Ford leaves Leeds Carnegie.....Yorkshire Carnegie...Leeds Tykes? What a surprise. Who cares.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
22 January, 2020 20:18
Quote:
SideStep
Joe Ford leaves Leeds Carnegie.....Yorkshire Carnegie...Leeds Tykes? What a surprise. Who cares.

Very harsh!

As Leeming says, hopefully free up some funds to progress in this season, but...........that presumes Joe has volunteered to go without compensation.
If so, thank you Joe.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
22 January, 2020 21:22
Statement says Joe decided to go, as opposed to mutual consent or sacked, so shouldn't be any compensation to pay.

Yorki
Yorki
22 January, 2020 21:36
When you state "you'll never believe it " yes I would because the ford family of rugby players and coaches seem to have knack of jumping clubs/ships when things get tough. Mike ford has been all over the place and George was unable to stick it out at Bath when dad was sacked and Joe has always been a journey man limited ability, living off his brothers reputation and dads connections. So no I am not surprised what so ever, they are bunch sharletons who milk the system.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion
22 January, 2020 23:12
In partnership with George running a coffee shop (Kobe) in Uppermill, Saddleworth in a building owned by Dad Mike.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
23 January, 2020 07:52
Good luck Joe!

(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
23 January, 2020 08:32
Quote:
Hornchurch
Such a snow flake.

Eh? Hardly sensitive. Opposite I'd say .

Billy ba
Billy ba
23 January, 2020 09:34
Good luck Joe. Was here at start of season when needed and one or two players probably here because of him.

Hornchurch
Hornchurch
25 January, 2020 20:08
Quote:
Gelbel
Quote:
Hornchurch
Such a snow flake.

Eh? Hardly sensitive. Opposite I'd say .

Depends on your point of view and mine is formed by watching him over the years come and go.

Hardly harsh when you look back so to me he is a snowflake.

Mind you this time he managed what half a season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net