Latest news:

Six Nations
Discussion started by Wildwillie (IP Logged), 03 February, 2020 10:34
MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
03 February, 2020 10:34
I was so looking forward to the England game yesterday. Should have known that the French would piddle on our bonfire. Sean Edwards influence? The French defence looked very solid until May carved them up in the second half. Makes the championship look like a tussle between the Gallic countries methinks.

leeds exile
leeds exile
03 February, 2020 11:15
Eddie Jones picked the wrong team. He should have replaced Vuniploa with a genuine 8. The experts said without a ball carrying 8 the scrum was one dimensional. Also it is time to replace Ben Youngs. If no youngsters are ready then return to Danny Care for this tournament. He is far more incisive and enthusiastic than Youngs. The Northampton chap at full back was also way out of his depth. I think Scotland will turn them over again this Saturday as we all know that is their biggest game. They were quite unlucky to lose to Ireland so will be ready for England. Of course this all depends on injuries to a degree. The contest is brutal and ultimately it is the depth of squad that matters.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
07 February, 2020 20:24
I hope this does not come across as a "sing when you are winning" post, because that is not my style.

Perhaps in contrast to the male 6N match, the Red Roses really dug deep and, despite very partisan French support, eventually and deservedly won away at Pau against France last weekend. Really good to see.
This weekend the Red Roses, England's brilliant female national side have a match that is watchable on free-to-air TV. You need to tune into Alba TV, which is a BBC emission in the Scottish language. Starts about noon Sunday, just enough time to get to Headingley afterwards.

Probaby no annoying commentary (Sm109)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
08 February, 2020 20:07
Ugly win for England today. With those conditions they did well to tough it out, but no chance of a try bonus point, which will help the other 6N competitors.
Does anyone think Stuart Hogg, as Scotland captain, is trying too hard and his mistakes help the opposition?

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
08 February, 2020 20:18
Yeah a poor game, thanks to the conditions, but a great win.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...... Ellis Genge is a superstar, absolute game changer.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
08 February, 2020 21:07
Another thought is that Scotland were mising Finn Russell, but he plays his home games for Racing 92 in Paris in, what is effect, a giant concert arena. Not sure he would be able to deal with the wind and rain at all.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
08 February, 2020 21:47
Yeah, Russell is a very good player but I don't think he's better than Farrell & Ford and they both struggled with the wind.

I saw a tweet from Courtney Lawes saying the conditions were close to unplayable.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
08 February, 2020 22:48
We were sat in west stand and have never witnessed weather quite like that .......amazed any team scored points tv probably didnít show how much ball moved in the air, forward s up the jumper was always going to win it

Anyway finally warm dry with several Guinness and a wee dram to celebrate the win defo recommend a 6 nations game up here

leeds exile
leeds exile
09 February, 2020 09:56
Both sets of players showed a remarkable lack of rugby intelligence by their constant kicking. I heard one statistic that said there was a kick every minute. As none could be controlled it seemed crazy to persist with that tactic.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
09 February, 2020 10:08
I think that the rain was the major factor: the commentator said "in these conditions you are better off without the ball".

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
09 February, 2020 11:41
Don't think it would have been evident on TV from side on view but ball spiralled circled did everything but behave reckon box kicks causing mayhem and potential knock ons giving scrum advantage was best play

75% of crowd around us were amazed it was on......hats off to both teams for even trying

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net