Latest news:
News 20 March,The 2019/20 Greene King IPA Championship season has been cancelled
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Team for tomorrow
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 21 February, 2020 13:08
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
21 February, 2020 13:08
[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

Phil Davies has named his squad for this Saturday’s Greene King IPA Championship match against Ampthill RFC at Emerald Headingley Stadium, kick off 2pm.

Ed Bloodworth comes back into the pack, having missed the last two matches, while Dan Lancaster moves into fly half to partner Elliot Turner, who makes only his second starting appearance of the season. Kieran Davies is set to make his debut at full back, seeing Jack Metcalf move into the centres to partner Andrew Lawson, who rejoins the starting lineup.

On the bench, Namibian international prop Andre Rademeyer is another that could make his debut, while Tainne Finn is recalled to make his fourth appearance of the season.

The team in full is

15. KEIRAN DAVIES

14. ANDREW LAWSON

13. JACK METCALF

12. JAMES ROBINS

11. TOM VARNDELL

10. DAN LANCASTER

9. ELLIOT TURNER

1. CONOR DAVIDSON

2. LOUIS MUSETTI

3. SIONE FALETAU

4. JAKE BRADY (C)

5. ED BLOODWORTH

6. ALEX HUMFREY

7. PRINCE !GAOSEB

8. JAMES HASSON

16. BEN SUGARS

17. ANDRE RADEMEYER

18. JIDE AJAYI

19. TOM WHITEHURST

20. CALLUM BUSTIN

21. JOE GREEN

22. TAINNE FINN

23. HARRY ROBINSON

JDH1
JDH1
21 February, 2020 13:12
Bar TV it's a very young back line. Would have liked to see the namb 12 playing.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
22 February, 2020 10:57
When I was a lad, in winter I used to wear an insulated, hooded anorak called a wind-cheater. Not sure if anyone else remembers these, but I reckon the players might need one each this afternoon!

(Sm113)

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
22 February, 2020 15:02
Quote:
almostatyke
When I was a lad, in winter I used to wear an insulated, hooded anorak called a wind-cheater. Not sure if anyone else remembers these, but I reckon the players might need one each this afternoon!
(Sm113)
They still do in Nuneaton.
But quite a few wear shoes too now...

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
22 February, 2020 15:52
Quote:
AdminBTCov
Quote:
almostatyke
(Sm113)
They still do in Nuneaton.
But quite a few wear shoes too now...

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
22 February, 2020 21:01
White flag erected.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
22 February, 2020 22:39
I was thinking more Hilltop and Stockingford than Whitestone, tbf.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
23 February, 2020 09:41
Windcheaters are still all the rage......well in some parts of the world:

[paytmmall.com]

Billy ba
Billy ba
25 February, 2020 11:43
Y

Billy ba
Billy ba
25 February, 2020 11:44
They were called windjammers in Bramley

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
25 February, 2020 17:11
Quote:
Billy ba
They were called windjammers in Bramley

...and in Burmantofts!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
25 February, 2020 18:06
In posh Whitestone, Nuneaton, they were definitely windcheaters - a name that is also used in India, apparently......
I can remember mine, green with a yellow lining, always a difficult thing to get on or off, but it did what it said on the tin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net