Latest news:

Diary of a madman - the saga continues
Discussion started by TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged), 19 March, 2020 10:39
TykesRugby.co.uk
TykesRugby.co.uk
19 March, 2020 10:39
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2020 09:11 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
19 March, 2020 13:40
Your diary rings true with me, your fantasy dream team too except I would swap Elder for Stegman.

smiling smiley

leeds_shark
WPL
19 March, 2020 15:04
Great read - though I don't generally like unhappy endings

As a coincidence Almo - today 3 years ago, we were away at Doncaster on TV, Elder scored in the end a consolation try (it was getting close and another 5 minutes I think we would have won) and the TV cameras cut to my other half and little boy cheering madly (while my boy was at least!)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
19 March, 2020 20:27
Another good piece Opus. Following Carnegie has been like a particularly poor soap opera at times, although it's rarely been dull.

Somewhere in the midst of all that we've had the scandal (I don't use that word lightly) of unpaid medical bills and a player receiving a 4 year doping ban. Headline news at at any other club, barely raises an eyebrow at Carnegie!

Then there was pitchgate where future world cup referee Mr Carley distinguished himself, (not). To be fair, I also failed to distinguish myself when I described the Plymouth tight five as a Duran Duran tribute band in the unofficial match report and incurred the wrath of a couple of Albion fans. Belated apologies to them, it was a comment based on haircuts rather than ability.

There were memorable games at Bedford, Newcastle, Notts (anyone remember our prop running from inside our half to score?) London Welsh and many more.

Sometimes brilliant, sometimes infuriating. Never boring.

As for team Opus, I'd swap Te Rure for Lozowski, move Jonah to the wing in place of Steggers and bring in Stevie at fullback (the fit, motivated Stevie, not the other one). I'd also swap out Andy Forsyth for Fred Burdon.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
19 March, 2020 20:54
Nice post, as ever, Leeming.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
19 March, 2020 21:06
Quote:
leemingtyke
Another good piece Opus. Following Carnegie has been like a particularly poor soap opera at times, although it's rarely been dull.
Somewhere in the midst of all that we've had the scandal (I don't use that word lightly) of unpaid medical bills and a player receiving a 4 year doping ban. Headline news at at any other club, barely raises an eyebrow at Carnegie!

Then there was pitchgate where future world cup referee Mr Carley distinguished himself, (not). To be fair, I also failed to distinguish myself when I described the Plymouth tight five as a Duran Duran tribute band in the unofficial match report and incurred the wrath of a couple of Albion fans. Belated apologies to them, it was a comment based on haircuts rather than ability.

There were memorable games at Bedford, Newcastle, Notts (anyone remember our prop running from inside our half to score?) London Welsh and many more.

Sometimes brilliant, sometimes infuriating. Never boring.

As for team Opus, I'd swap Te Rure for Lozowski, move Jonah to the wing in place of Steggers and bring in Stevie at fullback (the fit, motivated Stevie, not the other one). I'd also swap out Andy Forsyth for Fred Burdon.

Leeming not convinced they played much in YC era but as always team will be up for debate

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
19 March, 2020 21:09
Fair enough, can't remember when we changed from Leeds to Yorkshire tbh :-)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
19 March, 2020 21:47
Cheers Almo

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
19 March, 2020 21:54
Quote:
WPL
Great read - though I don't generally like unhappy endings
As a coincidence Almo - today 3 years ago, we were away at Doncaster on TV, Elder scored in the end a consolation try (it was getting close and another 5 minutes I think we would have won) and the TV cameras cut to my other half and little boy cheering madly (while my boy was at least!)

Great!

I was there but didn't get in the credits.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net