Latest news:

Corona Positives
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 20 March, 2020 21:42
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
20 March, 2020 21:42
This is not a particularly easy subject to write about. As someone who does not go to work I have self-isolated in what I think is a responsible way for about a week. Food shopping is really the only risk taken.
So are there any positives? Perhaps a few:
1) Every garden should be at the top of its game - no excuse!
2)Homes Under the Hammer is not as bad as is made out.
3) Dave has some good Red Dwarf shows that you can only half remember.....
4) Your sons/daughters phone you more because they are worried about you.
5) And way above all......I will get a Carnegie Season Ticket refund. Only joking of course. I am hoping the £30 will be paid as toilet rolls, pasta and groceries from Morrisons. LOL

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
21 March, 2020 18:50
Whilst not trying to make light of the tricky conditions we are living in, it is nice to see some good, other examples:
1) Tesco dedicating the browsing, pre-purchase hour on Sunday morning to NHS workers
2) Private hospitals joining the NHS ranks on a "non-profit" basis
3) Jamie Roberts making his Cardiff flat available for a front-line NHS doctor
4) [www.bbc.co.uk]

On a personal level I have received a month credit on my Eurosport subscription (they are showing 2019 events as nowt going on) and just had a text from Virgin Mobile giving me a free month of more minutes and data than I could use in a year.

It is not all gloom and doom - surely someone else has something positive to add????????

And now Morrisons are devoting the first hour of each day to NHS staff. Credit to them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 21:37 by almostatyke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net