Latest news:

Geech makes a selection....
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 04 April, 2020 18:44
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
04 April, 2020 18:44
Geech is probably not the most popular person around here just now, and it seems his "Yorkshire" experiment has probable run its course and ended in failure, but..... a light-hearted view of the players who could be on the plane to South Africa next year. Worth a read IMHO:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

leeds exile
leeds exile
05 April, 2020 10:41
I am awaiting his apology of how he totally misjudged everything and destroyed the fan base. I have no interest in any of his opinions.

Bobba
Bobba
05 April, 2020 13:00
I believe the "Yorkshire" experiment, or should I say the name change to Yorkshire Carnegie, was completely wrong. The principle of having a Premiership club in Yorkshire however, with the recruited players being recruited from Yorkshire is not wrong. After all just look at the Yorkshire talent, over the years, that have done extremely well in the Premiership and elsewhere and that achieved international honors. No reason to think that that wealth of talent is not there still and are just waiting to be discovered.

As for blaming Geech for destroying the fan base, I think this is unfair on Geech. The fan base was already in the process of being destroyed a long time before Geech. Looking back over the period of our existence, there have been constants in our personnel, perhaps it should be them that shoulder the blame?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net