Latest news:

Old Tykes Logo?
Discussion started by Running Rugby (IP Logged), 16 April, 2020 22:17
toon83
Running Rugby
16 April, 2020 22:17
Does anyone have access to, or have a photo of the old tykes logo, the blue'ish and yellow one with the white rose at the bottom?
I have looked all over the internet and cannot find an image of it at all, only a really small unusable one....

thanks in advance
RR

oopnorth
oopnorth
16 April, 2020 22:55
pm me and I will send you something that might fit the bill. Easier to email a photo of decent size than try to put on here

toon83
Running Rugby
16 April, 2020 23:14
Quote:
oopnorth
pm me and I will send you something that might fit the bill. Easier to email a photo of decent size than try to put on here

Sent the PM

toon83
Running Rugby
17 April, 2020 12:43
Looking for more of a graphic or a team badge that would be used on the website, as the current yc logo is used.

Found this one, but it's too small for my use....

[vignette.wikia.nocookie.net]

Even if anyone has any old programmes (with the old logo in the top corner), that they would be willing to photograph (just the logo) in a decent resolution, and email or pm them to me, that would be really helpful.

RR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2020 15:25 by Running Rugby.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
17 April, 2020 15:42
I have looked through the library of images on the Tykesrugby site but sorry nothing there.

Tyko
Tyko
17 April, 2020 16:03
[www.oldrugbyshirts.com]

Will this do?

toon83
Running Rugby
17 April, 2020 16:17
Quote:
almostatyke
I have looked through the library of images on the Tykesrugby site but sorry nothing there.

Appreciate the effort.

Its strange that there are no traces of the old logo apart from on old shirts. I have come across pretty much every other teams logo (old and new), when searching the internet. Its like, when the name and logo change came, then all previous existence was wiped off the internet.

toon83
Running Rugby
17 April, 2020 16:19
Quote:
Tyko
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirts/442/extra_rugby_shirt_427_2.jpg
Will this do?

Already got something similar, but thanks for looking and finding that, Tyko.

Just cannot for the life of me find an old graphic of the old logo, that is not stitched onto an old shirt or something similar.

As mentioned above, it is very strange not to be able to find such a thing in these days of the world wide web.

Maybe just have to wait until Phil Davies and his team come up with a new name and logo etc, as I am sure he will have some input.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 April, 2020 16:46
Quote:
Tyko
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirts/442/extra_rugby_shirt_427_2.jpg
Will this do?
Deep joy! (Sm134)

davidhendo
Hendo
17 April, 2020 19:23
Another Alternative: [web.archive.org]

While looking, I found the site just before the powergen cup final: [web.archive.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2020 19:24 by Hendo.

Rawdon ranter
Rawdon ranter
17 April, 2020 21:35
Hope i can end your search. I have Tykes Handbook 2004-05 and it does indeed have an unsullied logo on a white background . The logo is mainly blue and yellow with the white rose and green stem.
Ií m not computer savvy but if you e mail me on gm.cc@hotmail.co.uk we can no doubt arrange something.

Iím in North Leeds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net