Latest news:

O/T Silver Lining - but perhaps grasping at straws......
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 20 April, 2020 21:19
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
20 April, 2020 21:19
The Oil industry is in turmoil and they lack storage capacity, prices have gone negative:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I have already offered Shell storage in the tanks of my, and Mrs Almo's car and I will only charge them 1 a gallon.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
20 April, 2020 22:08
Government must be losing an absolute fortune in tax from the fuel pump, just when they need it most.

Can't help thinking it'll be us as tax payers who somehow end up footing the bill.

leeds exile
leeds exile
21 April, 2020 08:24
Of course it will be the tax payers who end up footing the bill. Taxation is principally where government's get there cash. That is why I have no sympathy for those bleating now who employed creative tax avoidance schemes in the past and are now struggling to prove their real income to claim some compensation.

Bobba
Bobba
21 April, 2020 09:54
And there I was being told that being allowed to post on this site was on condition of it being strictly non political. When we have run out of things to say about Rugby...

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
21 April, 2020 19:37
This thread is all about looking at any positives we can find e.g. the lawn has been mown in perfect Wembley stripes and looks good. I will mow it again tomorrow.

More positives, from a personal experience:
1) Virgin Media have given a second month of so many megabites of data and minutes of calls free that I could be on the phone forever.
2) Eurosport have given a second free month on their subscription.

leeds exile
leeds exile
22 April, 2020 09:33
There was no queue this morning at Marks and Spencers. Things are looking up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net