Latest news:

Chris Stirling - deliverer of the goods
Discussion started by TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged), 13 June, 2020 21:53
TykesRugby.co.uk
TykesRugby.co.uk
13 June, 2020 21:53
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2020 08:22 by almostatyke.

Rawdon ranter
Rawdon ranter
13 June, 2020 23:05
You only have to look at the former Carnegie players that signed for Cornish Pirates to play under Chris Stirling : JB Bruzulier, Antonio Kiri Kiri, Fa’atiga Lemalu, Craig Mitchell, Cian Romaine.
That’s a pretty positive endorsement on his CV

Bobba
Bobba
14 June, 2020 08:10
As for why he is not "leading a top team", perhaps the "top teams" have recognized that he is not the "great bloke" that he portrays himself as, and furthermore, not that great man manager and DOR as was promoted!

Billy ba
Billy ba
14 June, 2020 09:41
My thoughts as well Bobba

leeds exile
leeds exile
14 June, 2020 11:05
He has returned to New Zealand now anyway.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
14 June, 2020 11:17
Yea worked for New Zealand RFU then Hurricanes interviewed on shortlist for Worcester Warriors head hunted by pirates as soon as we went @#$%& up and followed by half our team......coz they wouldn't want to play for a decent DOR would they?

Yea your right@#$%&CV that one glad he's gone really, bring back Mercer or Brush or J-Lo, they will make a difference

Bobba
Bobba
14 June, 2020 12:28
Whilst your opinion is of course valid Opus, it would perhaps be more so were it not for the substitute expletives!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
14 June, 2020 12:30
Or Brush. Anyone else? I'll go and get my Jethro Tull Living In The Past album out for a spin on the record player.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
14 June, 2020 12:41
Whilst I have no idea why there is one for the second time as it should read “yea your right with that one” only can imagine spell check thought I wrote sh*te

The first one was “T*ts up“ and if you can find a better way of describing it without the MB spell checker going nuts then feel free

Tower
Tower
14 June, 2020 14:05
I for one supported him whole heartily and I still think we are the poorer for him leaving.

He was the best DOR for treating the fans fairly and supported us the fans at every single level. A true gentleman.

Not sure that I ever heard a player have a bad word to say about him and from my point view they all supported him.

He gave me a lot of hope which to be honest had been sorely lacking at Headingly for a very long time.

Additionally, I am not sure the club treated him very well and appeared at times to blame him for the shortfall.

It was a very sad day when he left the club.

leeds_shark
WPL
14 June, 2020 17:41
My opinion of Chris is right DOR wrong time, I would love him to had a few years with the money previous ones had.

You look at his time here, came in wasn’t allowed to do a lot with the squad, halfway through was given some money (let’s not get into that here) and then for the 2nd half of the season we were one of the best teams in the division against the back drop of what was going on. IF we had the money to support him this season then who knows what could have happened...

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
14 June, 2020 17:50
Quote:
WPL
IF we had the money to support him this season then who knows what could have happened...

The performance against Irish was a premiership performance. I genuinely think we'd have run Falcons close.

oopnorth
oopnorth
14 June, 2020 18:40
The LI victory was one of the best performances by any Tyke side. I agree with the above.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
15 June, 2020 21:34
Quote:
oopnorth
The LI victory was one of the best performances by any Tyke side. I agree with the above.

I think that we demonstrated for the first time since our relegation, that we were capable of playing Premiership style rugby. Brilliant game!

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
18 June, 2020 21:56
I would agree that the LI game was one of the best we played. He was a gent, we are poorer for him not being here. Like others have said, would love to have seen him when we had the money to invest

He didn’t have a lot of luck in the UK but wish him well back in New Zealand

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net