Latest news:

All change!
Discussion started by Albert Fishwick (IP Logged), 10 July, 2020 16:11
MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
10 July, 2020 16:11
Perusing the Companies House website, as one does, I noticed that there have been some changes in the boards of both the holding company, Yorkshire Tykes Limited, and the operating company, Leeds Rugby Union Football Club Limited. Common to both is that Suzanne Oakes, who was only appointed last summer and looked after the accounting, as far as I know, has been replaced as company secretary by our old friend Mike Bidgood. Keeping the Sycamores in tip-top shape has obviously not been enough of a challenge for him. Rob Oates was also a director of both companies and has resigned.

Chris Gibson has also resigned from Leeds RUFC Limited so presumably Phil is now officially our DoR, albeit on a part-time basis. Alastair DaCosta, who was one of the original gang of three brought in to try to help create a separate identity from the Caddick years, has been appointed a director of Leeds RUFC Ltd.

None of the folk who are stepping down are paid for what they do (or not by the union side, at least), so it doesn't affect our numbers but it does make you wonder whether a severing of ties with Headingley is more likely, though Gary Hetherington remains on the boards of both companies.

The accounts of both companies for the year to 30 June 2019 have also now been filed. It's hard to glean that much as their size means they can choose to file only a filletted version of the full accounts. However, it does look as though enough cash has been injected into both companies to make them solvent at that date. I mentioned elsewhere that an additional £100,000 was recently invested in Leeds RUFC Ltd and I suspect that this was done to make sure it remains solvent at 30 June 2020. It will be a good while before those accounts are filed, I would imagine.

It all adds to the frustration at the lack of any information about our plans, notwithstanding that no-one currently knows when next season will start.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
10 July, 2020 18:09
Thanks for finding and revealing that, Albert.
Although the lack of information is frustrating, personally I am at least heartened in that there is good evidence to show that we will be still in existence next season (whenever that starts).

Even before the current virus situation we have really struggled for any sort of "investment" and I am pleased that someone, somewhere is keeping us going. Mike B coming back is a big positive too.

Bobba
Bobba
11 July, 2020 16:39
Good to know that, at least, the business still exists. Whether the "Club" exists is a matter for debate. Good to know Mike Bidgood is back. Hopefully he is on the tractor levelling a field somewhere, for us to play on!

In fairness, I think the offie under the stewardship of Leeds Rhinos has all but been consigned to history. I don't have any expectations of further updates from that source. That said, with GH still having a foot in both camps, who knows. A bit of news would be welcome, even if it is to tell loyal supporters where the team will be playing this coming season, whenever that may be. Or indeed, whether we have a team to start a season with. The silence is deafening!

leeds exile
leeds exile
12 July, 2020 08:28
The management should publish a book on how to destroy a fan base. They are experts.

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
12 July, 2020 19:05
Thank you Albert for the information, interesting information but agree with everyone about the deafening silence from the club on next year. Should be used to it by now but it remains frustrating and soul destroying that we donít hear anything year on year

JDH1
JDH1
17 July, 2020 19:12
Thanks for that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net