Caveats over start date, but I think missed fixtures move to the back

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
15 July, 2020 22:01
Yet more evidence that the club is still alive........smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
16 July, 2020 08:55
I can't see how we could possibly start in September. Some sort of truncated season seems inevitable, or at worst no season at all.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

leeds exile
leeds exile
16 July, 2020 10:47
But nothing on the official site!

Camquin
Camquin
16 July, 2020 12:46
Well they have already cancelled the County Championship - so if we can start by October 3rd we get a full season running on into May.

After that we will play one round of home or away fixtures - followed by splitting the league into top and bottom eight and playing home or away - for 22 fixtues.

If we do nto start until after Christmas it is one round of home or away for 15 fixtures.

And if we do cannot start until February everything is off.

The first round fixtures will be on those dates - if the season starts late the week one moves to week sixteen etc.

Its a plan - and it is almost sensible, which is strange given it came from the RFU.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
23 July, 2020 07:37
I know that this is an obvious point but everything depends on whether or not there is a second spike in the virus. I hear that( if there is going to be one) it is expected in the autumn i.e. the "flu" season.

The longer the delay in starting the season then the greater likelihood of clubs going bust (or returning to being amateurs} I find it hard to imagine things getting back to normal.

Bobba
Bobba
25 July, 2020 22:18
When the ruby season restarts it should be interesting to see how many clubs have gone forever. Hopefully Leeds Tykes will not be one of them.

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
26 July, 2020 08:38
I am a little nervous on this one. I have just read a post on LinkedIn from Mark Weavill (kit manager) has been made redundant. Always found him to be a decent bloke and I wish him well for the future. But who else will be made redundant and will we have a club?

MESSAGES->author
Knavesmire
03 August, 2020 16:30
Much as I loathe our recent history with a fair deal of shame involved.....COVID-19 restrictions permitting - I'll be there at Old Elthamians and look forward to meeting any of you lot for a grumble. In spite of all, I am still a fan and will always support any XV playing for my club that is LEEDS not effing Yorkshire Carnegie.

Billy ba
Billy ba
03 August, 2020 18:42
I'll have a moan with you. Already got my train tickets. There again I had tickets for last match st Ealing and that didn't work out. Hope to see you there

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
05 August, 2020 14:39
To no-one's great surprise the NCA ( under whose aegis we now fall) have confirmed that we won't be starting in September.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

leeds exile
leeds exile
05 August, 2020 18:38
Thank you for the update. Pity the club prefer their policy of silence on all matters.

daveyjp
daveyjp
05 August, 2020 19:05
Speaking to other people involved in rugby around England the expectation is there will be no lower league games until after Christmas. So I expect a single round of fixtures.

Whilst there is frustration about Tykes communications, the reality is the club as it stands is probably little more than PD plus whoever he can get to assist.

The RFU site is just as poor. I picked up the news about the latest delay through a Yorkshire RFU Facebook post with the official RFU announcement, but I can't find it on the RFU page. The latest community news piece from them is from 3 weeks ago!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net