Latest news:

Premiership Rugby Returns
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 14 August, 2020 17:45
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
14 August, 2020 17:45
A step towards some sort of normality is the Harlequin vs Sale match starting in less than an hour as I type. All matches are going to be shown on BT: I was hoping for a copy of round-ball football which put out a few games free-to-view, but understand the finances between the two sports are not quite the same. Still I hope the re-started top-tier game is as successful as the Association Football season has been.
[www.premiershiprugby.com]

leeds exile
leeds exile
14 August, 2020 18:32
Exeter v Leicester is on Channel 5 at 2 tomorrow and I believe 3 other games will also be on 5.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
14 August, 2020 21:06
Wow thanks for that LE! smiling smiley

I'm fishing tomorrow but the Betamax has now been programmed.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
15 August, 2020 15:04
Quote:
almostatyke
Wow thanks for that LE! smiling smiley
I'm fishing tomorrow but the Betamax has now been programmed.

Should the barbel be nervous?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
15 August, 2020 17:55
The rugby was more enjoyable than the fishing. The barbel are safe.

Bobba
Bobba
17 August, 2020 10:22
I take it Almo that you missed the Quins v Sale match? Reminded me of some of our matches against Sale in the past. It and they could never be described as spectacular entertainment. The Exeter v Leicester was a totally different level of entertainment. Glad that there is Rugby to watch, even with the weird noises emanating from the non existent crowds.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
17 August, 2020 20:22
Hi Bobba I only watch free-to-air matches, with the slight amendment that I subscribe at modest cost to Eurosport for the cycling and they do also show French Pro Div 2 matches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2020 18:23 by almostatyke.

leeds exile
leeds exile
28 August, 2020 17:09
Sale v Bristol on Channel 5 tomorrow at 3. Should be a cracker.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
28 August, 2020 17:20
Thanks for the reminder L.E.

Last week's live 5 match was a bit average, two teams in pretty poor form and so expectations much higher this week. (Sm46)(Sm48)

Overall I like Flat's commentary and 5 have done really well to get Wayne Barnes to explain, amongst other things, the new interpretation of the breakdown rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/08/2020 18:01 by almostatyke.

leeds exile
leeds exile
17 September, 2020 09:42
Toulouse v Ulster is on Channel 4 on Sunday at 12.30

Bobba
Bobba
17 September, 2020 11:48
I'm not sure that there is a "new" interpretation of the breakdown laws (not rules). I think it is more a case of referees being asked to tighten up on their interpretation of these laws. The laws have been in existence for a long time now, referees, and players, however, have become relaxed about these and have been getting away with the breaking of the laws of Rugby. So, more power to the whistle!

leeds exile
leeds exile
06 October, 2020 08:43
The premiership seem to have got themselves in a real mess with this Sale affair. I never understood the need to complete last season. It should have been ended and a new one would by now by well underway. As it is, the "next" season does not start until November and who knows when and if that will finish?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net