Latest news:

F/P And the earth shook!
Discussion started by Wildwillie (IP Logged), 05 September, 2020 20:11
MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
05 September, 2020 20:11
Watched 4 ex players in the Quins v Bath encounter on Channel 5 this afternoon. I loved Boyce's interception try. 30 yards at the time. Will be at least 70 yards in the bar tonight!
Makes for better watching when there are ex-Tykes playing/coaching. (Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
05 September, 2020 20:16
Yep great try and got the bonus point.

However I have mixed feelings when Yorkshire players, nurtured by our academy, have to move away to achieve the success they deserve.

leeds exile
leeds exile
06 September, 2020 09:46
Having watched the Premiership since it's return, I consider Worcester, London Irish and Leicester to be exceptionally weak teams. Add Newcastle to that list and you have to wonder whether ring fencing will help matters or will they become even more complacent with no consequencies?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
06 September, 2020 18:10
A lack of the relegation threat (as in the remainder of this season) certainly means that bottom of the table teams can lose matches without feeling the full consequences.
However there will still be European competition qualifications to aim for and I do not think any team will want to stand out at the bottom as it is quite obvious and I presume ring fencing can be abolished as quickly as it is imposed?
What we have failed to do in the UK is something that has been achieved in France: two competitive divisions. The second promotion spot in France is determined by the bottom-but-one top tier club playing a one off game against the second in the second division. And the second division teams have won for the last two years IIRC.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
06 September, 2020 18:45
Aren't all the clubs in European comps next season?

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Bobba
Bobba
13 September, 2020 20:18
I agree that with the lack of the possibility of relegation this season (Sarries being already relegated, but still having to play out this season) the only incentive is to get into the play offs and European qualification positions. Having watched quite a bit of Rugby Union since the restart, I have not found any Club lacking in effort and endeavor. No player wants to lose. Even for the lower teams, its a matter of pride. It clearly shows. The standard of Rugby has been very good indeed. Long may it continue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net