Latest news:

O/T Welcome Back Leeds United
Discussion started by Bobba (IP Logged), 12 September, 2020 17:09
Bobba
Bobba
12 September, 2020 17:09
Our friends down the road in LS11 are finally back where they belong in the Premiership.
I know there are a few of us that migrated from the terraces of Elland Road to Headingley post the days of "living the dream". I'm sure they will join me in wishing Leeds United the best of luck this coming season.
They have a very difficult start at Liverpool today and feel that a draw will be the best that we can hope for. As for the season itself, I suspect that we will do rather well and finish the season in the top half of the division. 9th is my forecast. Good luck boys!
Marching on together!(Sm152)

leeds exile
leeds exile
13 September, 2020 10:55
I wish football would not intrude on this site. Nor are they "back where they belong". Historically they have spent far more years outside the top tier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 10:58 by leeds exile.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
13 September, 2020 17:31
Quote:
leeds exile
I wish football would not intrude on this site. Nor are they "back where they belong". Historically they have spent far more years outside the top tier.

Sport in Leeds will always be welcome on this site: Tykes, Rhinos, United, Farsley Celtic! (Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
13 September, 2020 19:34
I entirely agree with WW that O/T Leeds Sport should be mentioned from time to time on this forum and really welcome Bobba's thread. As my name suggests I am not originally from God's County and my views of Leeds United under Don Revie were certainly not favourable.
But as now LU have served their sentence (16 years), let's get on and support them. It's all about rehabilitation, isn't it?

The new manager has an aura that unfortunately the monosyllabic Revie would not even recognise.

I watched the Liverpool match from a pub in Torquay. Not only was it a great match to watch (albeit sadly LU lost) but the most telling point was that the local Torquay bar staff and others were cheering for Leeds. That is a big change. Long may it continue. (Sm152)

Bobba
Bobba
13 September, 2020 20:07
I did not manage to see the match but listened to the excellent commentary on Radio Leeds. It was nail biting time. To come back on three occasions was extraordinary. The highlights on BBC showed how well ltd side has come on in the last couple of years. To turn up at Liverpool, on of the best, if not the best, Club in Britain and Europe and score 3 goals at Anfield is amazing. i doubt very much that any of the remaining Premiership clubs will manage that in this coming season. My sadness is that the ref had to end the match after 90 minutes plus 6 minutes extra time! Could Leeds have equalized again? Quite possibly. One of the positives was the fact that they had 3 shots on on target, and 3 goals. Good also that the goals were in open play. Liverpool had to rely on two penalties, conceded by our two new signings, Robin Koch and Rodrigo Moreno, before they could claim the win.
All in all, well done Leeds United! A inspirational performance! I hope that our boys, who will be representing Leeds Tykes take heed of what can be achieved.
And, Leeds Exile, I don't know if you have noticed but there is, and has been, a thread dealing with that two wheeled sport currently going on in and around France. Perhaps one day this site will also have fishing and other sports being talked about!

NHarf
NHarf
15 September, 2020 13:33
Leeds Exile - what a dreadful comment, I don't think we need or want for negative drivel on this message board.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
15 September, 2020 18:27
Quote:
Bobba
And, Leeds Exile, I don't know if you have noticed but there is, and has been, a thread dealing with that two wheeled sport currently going on in and around France. Perhaps one day this site will also have fishing and other sports being talked about!

Steady on, Bobba, even I can recognise that telling everyone about the barbel I caught yesterday (5lb 2oz) would be boring LOL

Bobba
Bobba
16 September, 2020 15:34
If the hat fits...
If anyone wishes to barbel on with fishy tails, you wont be herring me carp on abut it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2020 15:40 by Bobba.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 September, 2020 07:15
Quote:
Bobba
If the hat fits...
If anyone wishes to barbel on with fishy tails, you wont be herring me carp on abut it!

(Sm22)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net