Latest news:

Premiership play-offs
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 09 October, 2020 17:16
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
09 October, 2020 17:16
This weekend it is Exeter v Bath and Wasps v Bristol, play-off semi-finals.

For what it is worth, my (virtual) money is on Exeter going all the way, though you wouldn't make much at the bookies with this bet for sure.

Bobba
Bobba
10 October, 2020 14:41
I suspect Wasps may have something to say about that prediction having thumped the Bears 47-24

Bobba
Bobba
10 October, 2020 14:51
By the way, great to see two ex Tykes players of old, Lee Blackett and Stuart Hooper, involved in no small way in the play offs. Congratulations to both. Goes to show what could have been.

Bobba
Bobba
10 October, 2020 20:14
With Exeter also through comfortably, It should be a cracking final. Too close to call.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
13 October, 2020 19:00
Agree Bobs, should be great final. I'm not changing my prediction, though.

leeds_shark
WPL*
14 October, 2020 07:41
I’ll be cheering for Exeter, mainly because I’m a traditionalist and if you come top of a league after a whole season you deserve to be recognised rather than making the money men a few extra pennies.

That said I’ve enjoyed a few good days out at Twickenham to watch the final as tickets have been as low as £20/£25!

* not linked to our new home - just the area of Leeds I live in!

leeds exile
leeds exile
14 October, 2020 10:17
The European final with Exeter in it is live on 4 on Saturday at 4.45

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
14 October, 2020 15:08
Quote:
leeds exile
The European final with Exeter in it is live on 4 on Saturday at 4.45

thumbs down

Rhinotoo
Rhinotoo
15 October, 2020 05:47
I wonder if Covid will play a part as a non playing substitute.........

leeds exile
leeds exile
16 October, 2020 17:29
Seems like you might be right, Bristol are on the subs bench ready to replace Wasps. You could not make it up.

JDH1
JDH1
16 October, 2020 20:45
If bristol play the final after being spanked by wasps that's me and prem rugby done! What a bloody farce

Feeding
Feeding
17 October, 2020 07:48
I'm afraid,all clubs in all sports are just doing whatever they can to put on a game,so that they can claim tv revenue. There are 'artificial' games being played at cricket,union,league and football. It just shows how reliant all sports have become to tv money.

leeds exile
leeds exile
17 October, 2020 08:33
What happens if Exeter players get the virus from their latest travels? Bath players have presumably dispersed since their semi final defeat and are either on the beach or at home somewhere. Will a Barbarians team make up the numbers in the final?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
17 October, 2020 08:39
I thought that any team unable to fulfil a fixture due to Covid were deemed to have lost 20 - 0?

JDH1
JDH1
17 October, 2020 10:44
They can play the game but getting the prize for winning won't mean anything. Very hollow Imo

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 October, 2020 11:07
These are such strange times that we live in.

(Sm124)

Rhinotoo
Rhinotoo
19 October, 2020 12:24
I was half joking when I said that the virus could play a part.
I certainly didnt expect a whole club to possibly be subbed!
That would be bizarre.
Surely they would just delay it??
Wouldnt they??

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
20 October, 2020 05:47
I never thought that I would ever say this but Wasps are going down like flies! Seven positive cases by this morning.

(Sm124)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
23 October, 2020 20:03
Premiership final confirmed as Wasps (losing 4 key players to Covid) against Exeter. Given the restrictions on training that Wasps have had to endure, plus Exeter's strength off the bench, it could be a bit one-sided. But we will see!

Wonder if this could be Wasps swan song? The Ricoh stadium was always an ambitious project and with no punters for a while, big overhead costs plus debts coming home to roost: will they survive? Apparently the set-up of their debt means they do not qualify for government support.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net