Latest news:

Blasts from the Past
Discussion started by TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged), 17 October, 2020 08:48
TykesRugby.co.uk
TykesRugby.co.uk
17 October, 2020 08:48
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
17 October, 2020 08:54
Thanks C2 for that excellent article.

The Almo dross machine is stood down for the next 14 days...... (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 October, 2020 11:05
Great memories!

(Sm134)

Bobba
Bobba
18 October, 2020 12:41
When you are given no chance of winning a game it is a fantastic memory when that proves to be wrong. In that respect, two games against almighty Bath come to mind. Our first match ever in the Premiership and, obviously, our success at HQ in 2005. Never, ever been beaten in a final, well, by the evening of the 16th April, they were!

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
18 October, 2020 19:10
April 2011, Kingston Park, Falcons 29-30 Leeds

Leeds coming from behind to give ourselves a chance of Premiership survival.

The lead changed hands 3 times in the last 5 or 6 mins with an Adrian Jarvis drop goal settling it.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
18 October, 2020 20:50
Beating Leicester the first time. Beating Leicester the second time.

And, of course, the evening game against Quins.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2
19 October, 2020 17:56
Quote:
leemingtyke

The lead changed hands 3 times in the last 5 or 6 mins with an Adrian Jarvis drop goal settling it.

Id quite forgotten wed won that ! I was there as well......

We gave ourselves a chance - and if wed only managed to stretch about another 6 inches or so for the 4th try down at Saints wed have stayed up .......

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
19 October, 2020 20:09
Quote:
Carnegiette2
Quote:
leemingtyke

Id quite forgotten wed won that ! I was there as well......

We gave ourselves a chance - and if wed only managed to stretch about another 6 inches or so for the 4th try down at Saints wed have stayed up .......

Yep, another of those moments that could've completely changed our destiny, like the play off game Vs Welsh that you mentioned in the article.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2
19 October, 2020 20:20
If only! And that game at FG could easily have been in the top 3 if we had. As it was watching the first 30 minutes I thought I was dreaming ......

Bobba
Bobba
20 October, 2020 10:36
Missed this game due to an Achilles rupture but listened on Radio Leeds. Northampton V Leeds. Three unanswered trys by Leeds only to loose out in the end. A single bonus point was needed, and denied. Tragic!

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
21 October, 2020 13:01
The Northampton game when we lost after scoring 3 tries in first 30 mins. Stood with Northampton fans who were as gutted as we were. We were camped on Saints line at end and just couldnt score...what could have been

Moseley away when we were promoted with a loss for, I think, Bedford which promoted us is also a good memory

Billy ba
Billy ba
21 October, 2020 17:43
My memories do not go as far back as most on here but a couple of my best are Jonah Holmes 70 metre try in first minute against Bedford and the Rotherham game when we had a bonus point after 9 minutes.. Does anyone remember Joe Ford scoring a try at Hull Ionians in brilliant sunshine and taking the conversion in a blizzard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net