Latest news:

Who remembers?
Discussion started by Wildwillie (IP Logged), 17 October, 2020 18:44
MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
17 October, 2020 18:44
The days when we beat Exeter home and away. I can! Today our friends in Devon have only gone and beaten Racing 92 to win the European Cup!

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Bobba
Bobba
17 October, 2020 18:55
I remember a game at Headingley, when the excitement was, Terry the Tyke having a snowball fight with the kids in the South Stand!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
17 October, 2020 20:23
Congrats to Exeter, they had to fight, fight and fight but got there in the end.

Finn Russell? Brilliant at times but also probably cost Racing 14 points, and if he had not got lucky with the drop-on over his dead ball line, 21.

But a brilliant final with 8 tries by early in the second half.

When Chiefs went to 14 in the last 10 minutes Racing could have gone for a drop but they gambled for a try and it failed.

My commiserations to Racing quatre-vingts douze.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2020 09:14 by almostatyke.

Rhinotoo
Rhinotoo
18 October, 2020 15:20
Its really sad that Exeter and Bristol went up and up whilst YC went completely the other way.
I wonder what went so wrong for us and right for them?
I know that the Bristol owner had huge plans for sport there, from basketball to football and the fans were grateful for his deep pockets, was that the only reason? Money?
Thoughts?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
18 October, 2020 17:05
Bristol have always had a support base much bigger than ours.

Rhinotoo
Rhinotoo
19 October, 2020 07:59
I agree.
TBH I have always felt that for RU to succeed here there had to be a big fan base that simply isnt there so the dream was just that.
All the marketing in the world selling the Yorkshire brand was never going to work sadly.
So LT will now operate in the lower leagues, if at all. V sad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net