Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Lie ons?
Discussion started by Spooner McPhee , 13 June, 2009 14:56
Lie ons?
Spooner McPhee 13 June, 2009 14:56
You might think so from the penalties given away; Lions give the lions' share but the ref could be described as ....... [answers on a postcard to 'a balanced view, c/o behind the radiator in the gents, north stand, Newlands'.

Conditions are tricky, many errors too, but you just know that whistle is coming.

Anyway, we're in the lead at half time and have two tries to none. Some excellent performances to applaud. Some test places must still be in flux, though I don't Harry's threatening Phillips just yet.

It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society [not original]. We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them [AE]

Re: Lie ons?
Spooner McPhee 13 June, 2009 15:43
23 - 26 to the Lions

Convincing - no

Interesting - yes

Entertaining - a bit too stop start, but yes

It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society [not original]. We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them [AE]

Downsey 13 June, 2009 20:47
It was the first game of this tour I've seen (due to family stuff) but the best part wathat I watched it in the pub with a Kiwi neighbour... he was not a happy man(Sm113)

Downsey 13 June, 2009 20:56
And on a rugby note. Slooppy all round but I thought Andy Powell had a good game and was everywhere. Williams OK as well especially as he didn't have to kick.........

Rich W 14 June, 2009 13:52
Hmmm...watched it now - in Welsh - which is always interesting. Powell carried pretty well though I suspect his lack of anything else in his game will hurt his test hopes but his discipline was appalling. Having got away with one body check earlier the second was lucky to see him remain on the pitch.

Not bad from Harry - better than Phillips the other night perhaps but can't see it being enough.

Surprised by how well Thickery played but Ford was poor.

Monye is doing well and looks a test match wing to me but disappointed by Flutey.

Didn't think the ref was too bad on what I saw - perhaps a little pedantic but fair.

Dalmatian 15 June, 2009 00:38
My prediction for the test side:

15..Byrne
14..Monye
13..O'Driscoll
12..Roberts
11..Bowe
10..Jones
9...Phillips
1...Vickery
2...Mears
3...Jenkins
4...O'Connell
5...Shaw
6...Croft
8...Heaslip
7...Wallace

This would not be my choice, but I think these chaps will get the nod. I'm not convinced with the half back pairing, open side has two good and different options and right wing remains a conundrum of style.

I'm off to the Dalmatian Coast with a quest, amongst many, to find a screen for the first two tests.

Johns 15 June, 2009 08:59
Mercury backing Ellis after Saturdays game (which I have not seen yet) Wig says No 9 shirt is up for grabs.

Fingers crossec for Harry as I do not think Phillips has impressed.

Expect posts from Quins to say Care should be the No. 1 with Lions.

Merc link [www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2009 09:23 by johns.

Tiggs 15 June, 2009 12:21
Can't really argue with you Dalmation, whilst not the team I would pick, it looks like the team that will play.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net