Latest news:

Next Game: Premiership Cup Sat 21st Sep Away v Worcester Warriors ko 3:00pm
Game After: Premiership Cup Fri 27th Sep Home v Exeter Chiefs ko 7:45pm

Wales v Fiji U20
Discussion started by KevinR , 12 June, 2019 18:19
Wales v Fiji U20
KevinR 12 June, 2019 18:19
Very much enjoying this match on S4c (commentary in Welsh!). Have to say that - based on this game - we have two gems in Reffell & Costelow.

Re: Wales v Fiji U20
Stopsy 12 June, 2019 22:31
Good to hear hope we can keep them

KevinR 13 June, 2019 08:04
Reffell was indefatigable in the face of a stream of big, fast Fijian runners, with the same dogged determination a McCaw or Robshaw. he clearly impressed the Welsh commentators, who kept mentioning his name (no Welsh, so I couldn't tell you what they were saying!)

Costelow (playing at 12 for the majority of the game) showed that his skill-level is very high and can play with a cool head under pressure. Despite his stature, he also made all of his tackles - he's what I call 'a proper rugby player', not just a gym bunny. His excellent kicking game was much in evidence and he created no end of opportunities with delicate chips and grubbers. In a further sign of his versatility and skill-level, he ended the game at 9 due to injuries elsewhere.

SK 88 13 June, 2019 09:56
I really hope we actually play Reffell. Looks like a good foil for Thompson when I've seen him play. I'd love us to play two of Reffell, Thompson & Taufua in as many games as possible next year, with Denton, Kalamafoni or Liedenberg filling out the back row.

Yorkie 13 June, 2019 10:51
Wonder if our "Management Team" were watching?

If you're good enough then you're old enough is a mantra ignored at Tigers for far too long imvho whilst the likes of Sarries and Exeter seem to embrace it in a controlled and very beneficial way.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 13 June, 2019 14:06
We've ignored the "if you are good" bit in my opinion! Just pick the same old "First XV" players regardless of form

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net