Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 14th Dec Away v Calvisano ko 1:30pm Live at epcrugby.com
Game After: GP Sat 21st Dec Home v Exeter Chiefs 3:00pm Live on BT

So should Gatland be worried?
Discussion started by Yorkie , 11 August, 2019 20:07
So should Gatland be worried?
Yorkie 11 August, 2019 20:07
First choice Welsh team today spanked by a scratch England team?

Was it the pressure of moving to no. 1 team in the world and a world record number of consecutive wins or just being rusty?

At the last RWC, Ireland were supposed to win the pot as it was "their time with a mature, golden team". Their last chance saloon before the long term core of the team retired. Wales in the same position now? About to blow it like their Celtic cousins did?

Interesting to see how they bounce back next weekend and what team is selected?

As an aside, good to see AWJ shown up today. Bet Harry Ellis enjoyed watching him flounder?!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: So should Gatland be worried?
Brownian Motion 11 August, 2019 20:56
Good lord, it's a warm-up game, and the first one at that. There's literally nothing to be read into this.

Rinkadink 12 August, 2019 00:22
Why would Harry Ellis enjoy AWJ floundering?

Barney_Gumble 12 August, 2019 06:17
I think Yorkie's confused AWJ with Ian Evans, the latter gave Ellis an off the ball kick in the side of the knee causing serious ligament damage and ultimately leading to his early retirement.

Brownian Motion 12 August, 2019 09:42
Quote:
Barney_Gumble
I think Yorkie's confused AWJ with Ian Evans, the latter gave Ellis an off the ball kick in the side of the knee causing serious ligament damage and ultimately leading to his early retirement.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like AWJ at all.

shendy 12 August, 2019 12:06
Quote:
Brownian Motion
Good lord, it's a warm-up game, and the first one at that. There's literally nothing to be read into this.

But it's also a full cap international - I don't get it. It's either one or the other, surely?

Stopsy 12 August, 2019 12:37
I suspect Edie will be the happier of the two, but these will count for nothing once in Japan

SimonG19 12 August, 2019 13:59
I'm sure Gatland will hardly be able to sleep at night.

penguin 12 August, 2019 15:25
I am guessing Steve Hanson is most worried at the moment....

KevinR 12 August, 2019 16:31
I think it showed the value of freshness and motivation. A prime example was Ludlum, desperate to make the squad. It also showed that fitness, power and pace take you a long way. Tigers were missing those qualities last season and the ABs seem to have lost them at the moment..

Yorkie 12 August, 2019 18:54
Quote:
Barney_Gumble

Yes I am. Thanks for correcting me.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net