tigerburnie 12 September, 2019 12:12
Ex of this parish
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Retiring to coach
Stopsy 12 September, 2019 13:18
All the best to him

Rich W 12 September, 2019 18:49
A much better player than many gave him credit for. Intelligent, tough, skilful and a really good reader of the game. Remind me in some ways of Dean. I think he'll make an excellent coach.

tigersimon 12 September, 2019 23:22
Quote:
Rich W
A much better player than many gave him credit for. Intelligent, tough, skilful and a really good reader of the game. Remind me in some ways of Dean. I think he'll make an excellent coach.

+1

Stopsy 13 September, 2019 02:55
I rate him very highly but don’t see his game as comparable to Dean’s ( who’s is?). He attracted a lot of criticism for what he wasn’t and at times this blinkered people to what he actually did.

Yorkie 13 September, 2019 23:06
Quote:
Rich W

Agreed.

Played the game he was instructed to play and was versatile enough to play a different game for us than that he was asked to play in a national shirt.

We rarely lost scrum ball, even bad scrum ball, with him at no. 8.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

FenTiger 14 September, 2019 04:55
'Footballing' skills also allowed him to kick the winning penalty in the 2009 H.C Cardiff semi final shootout!

Stopsy 14 September, 2019 08:26
I wonder if any other player can claim to have won a match in such a fashion? Never heard of it.

S4llyC 14 September, 2019 10:40
Solid player, good club man, really decent bloke - good luck to him in the next stage of his career.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net