Next Game: Premiership Sat 19th Oct Away v Worcester Warriors ko 3:00pm
Game After: Premiership Sun 27th Oct Home v Saracens ko 3:00pm Live on BT

It's the Riddler I tell you, Batman!
Discussion started by odd-shaped vagaries , 18 September, 2019 10:54
It's the Riddler I tell you, Batman!
odd-shaped vagaries 18 September, 2019 10:54
[www.leicestertigers.com]

The referee is the final arbitrary

Re: It's the Riddler I tell you, Batman!
SK 88 18 September, 2019 11:17
Seems odd to take a lad from Loughborough who was in the academy with loads of the current players and expect him to be a totally impartial referee.

It's not really fair on him, Worcester or us. It casts a totally unnecessary cloud over his decisions. If he favours us is it bias? If he favours them is it him over correcting worried that he'll be accused of bias?

How easy it is it to just avoid this situation entirely by giving him other matches? Incredibly easy! They really don't help the referees sometimes.

Re: It's the Riddler I tell you, Batman!
Jon T 18 September, 2019 13:29
Was there any criticism after the Sarries game he officiated last season?

I can't say I've ever thought a prior association of a referee has been particularly obvious. Although I've perceived other reasons for bias, real or imagined.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net