Game After: Premiership Sun 27th Oct Home v Saracens ko 3:00pm Live on BT

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cashless stadium.
Discussion started by Jon T , 18 September, 2019 16:56
Cashless stadium.
Jon T 18 September, 2019 16:56
[www.leicestertigers.com]

Hmm. I know many places are introducing it, and I very rarely pay cash these days. But when 25% of your support are pensioners I'm not sure its a great idea. It'll certainly mean my Dad has bought his last beer at Tigers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2019 16:58 by Jon T.

Re: Cashless stadium.
Brownian Motion 18 September, 2019 18:13
It's more important to do things to attract younger fans, IMO. And older people are more than capable of using a contactless card (or the internet or a smart phone) they just refuse to for the most part.

Yorkie 18 September, 2019 20:03
But if you go too young .....,....

Decision made on the understanding that it will upset a minority but will give quicker (better) service to the majority.

So the club jump on the political bandwagon to remove cash from our society! Big brother getting even more control over our lives.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

GT1 18 September, 2019 21:00
I guarantee there will be a cash till in every bar after the first home match!!
And think how long the cues will be for the pound refund back to your card for the glass!
This needs to be gradually brought in imho.

Tiggs 18 September, 2019 21:25
Every new card is contactless pretty much, and even an OAP, or even Yorkie, can wave one ?
I assume that the £1 refund will also be contactless and just as quick as handing over a £1 anyway.
Only thing it will stop is sending the kids down with some money to get food or drink.
You have to trust them with your card, or go with them now.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

johnthegrif 19 September, 2019 12:45
Elimination of choice in the manner of payment with no advantage to the customer as the delays at the bar were due to the inefficiency of staff pouring a pint not the other guy taking payments.
We are the first Premiership Rugby team to introduce this system so it is untested in our environment, I think it will cause concern to visitors to our stadium who will be unaware of the system prior to arrival.

Jon T 19 September, 2019 12:55
Plus as Tiggs touched on, send your child to buy something and they lose your card?, what about the groups of kids we encourage, no one is sending their child off to a rugby game with the cubs/rugby club with their debit card.

As I say I rarely pay cash these days, but to completely eliminate it is a mistake imo.

But looks like its been made, it will be interesting a few games in to see how it works.

penguin 19 September, 2019 15:11
John, Exeter are also cashless.

Details are being sent out, with tickets purchased to away supporters pretty sure most will arrive clued up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2019 15:13 by penguin.

SK 88 19 September, 2019 17:32
For me its definitely worth a go.

Stopsy 19 September, 2019 18:19
Thrupnny bits anyone? I see card payments as being good but surely coin of the realm should also be accepted

Rich W 19 September, 2019 18:51
No requirement to Mike.

000mjg 19 September, 2019 19:07
the delays at the bar were due to the inefficiency of staff pouring a pint not the other guy taking payments.

+1 on that. Perhaps being able to pre-order/pre-pay for half time "refreshments" would be a better innovation. Heck, theatres have been doing it for years.

Tiggs 19 September, 2019 22:28
You could pre pay last year using the Swipe App, and just collect later after it was poured, and no cards needed at all, as the card was linked to the app

Stopsy 20 September, 2019 04:45
Not a legal requirement Rich but common sense and customer friendly

000mjg 20 September, 2019 11:17
Quote:
Tiggs
You could pre pay last year using the Swipe App, and just collect later after it was poured, and no cards needed at all, as the card was linked to the app

Never saw that at the Crumbie. Thanks, il try it.

Tiggs 20 September, 2019 13:58
Not sure if they are doing it again this year with the changes. But they might be.

Tiggs 20 September, 2019 13:59
Not sure if they are doing it again this year with the changes. But they might be.

SK 88 20 September, 2019 15:03
Quote:
000mjg
the delays at the bar were due to the inefficiency of staff pouring a pint not the other guy taking payments.
+1 on that. Perhaps being able to pre-order/pre-pay for half time "refreshments" would be a better innovation. Heck, theatres have been doing it for years.

That is also being looked at, with McDonalds style order points being looked at in some of the bars. Not installed yet though.

Remember, it's not like the other things are being ignored. We have also changed the catering company and the emphasis with the new people was on service levels.

arh53 20 September, 2019 18:55
Looks like I will have to dig out by vacuum flash instead of buying coffee then. Don't suppose they will miss by £2.90 worth of coins though.

Jon T 20 September, 2019 19:25
But you cant take drinks into the stadium any more can you?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net