Latest news:

Next Game: Challenge Cup Sat 16th Nov Home v Pau ko 3:00pm live on epcrugby.com
Game After: Challenge Cup Sat 23rd Nov Away v Cardiff Blues ko 8:00pm not Live on TV

Clubs complicit ?
Discussion started by PrestonTiger , 05 November, 2019 23:40
Clubs complicit ?
PrestonTiger 05 November, 2019 23:40
Some musings.

The prem clubs collectively agreed to sweep the accusations in about 2015 of celery cap breeches of 2 clubs (not named formally iirc, but understood by all to be Saffercens and Barf).
The clubs all agreed to keep schtum about it.

Now Saffercens collared formally for wholesale breaches.

So it could be argued that some (all ?) have been complicit in this current cheating fest by not grasping the nettle when it was needed to be. Tigers ??

Re: Clubs complicit ?
BxlSprout 06 November, 2019 14:01
Weren't there a few people pointing fingers at Tigers at that time as well? It was certainly the case that anyone who had the temerity to ask Simon Cohen about it on Twitter was instantly blocked for it.

Brownian Motion 06 November, 2019 14:05
I think the issue at the time was that there wasn't enough support/appetite to push for proper sanctions, in light of the offer by the offending clubs to pay compensation / a bribe. Therefore the clubs who wanted to press ahead with proper sanctions reluctantly came on board.

SimonG19 06 November, 2019 15:07
As I recall only two clubs - Quins and Wasps - voted against accepting the settlement payment due to the legal threats being made at the time if the investigation continued.

Yorkie 06 November, 2019 20:26
Quote:
BxlSprout
Weren't there a few people pointing fingers at Tigers at that time as well? It was certainly the case that anyone who had the temerity to ask Simon Cohen about it on Twitter was instantly blocked for it.

Whereas anyone who had the conkers to ask the guy to his face got full chapter and verse.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 06 November, 2019 20:32
Quote:
SimonG19
As I recall only two clubs - Quins and Wasps - voted against accepting the settlement payment due to the legal threats being made at the time if the investigation continued.

Allegedly, as with everything to do with PRL its all secret and no one knows for sure!

Duncan Keene 06 November, 2019 22:33
Seems to me that the CVC money has helped the other clubs \ Prem rugby feel more confident that they can afford a court case if it came to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net