Latest news:

Next Game: Challenge Cup Sat 16th Nov Home v Pau ko 3:00pm live on epcrugby.com
Game After: Challenge Cup Sat 23rd Nov Away v Cardiff Blues ko 8:00pm not Live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Team up
Discussion started by daktari , 08 November, 2019 12:03
Team up
daktari 08 November, 2019 12:03

Re: Team up
Tiggs 08 November, 2019 12:09
15 Jonah Holmes
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Andy Forsyth
12 Tom Hardwick
11 Jordan Olowofela
10 Noel Reid
9 Sam Harrison
1 Greg Bateman
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Joe Heyes
4 Harry Wells
5 Calum Green
6 Sione Kalamafoni
7 Guy Thompson
8 Jordan Taufua
Replacements
16 Charlie Clare
17 Facundo Gigena
18 Nephi Leatigaga
19 Tomás Lavanini
20 Jordan Coghlan
21 Ben White
22 George Worth
23 Sam Aspland-Robinson

London Irish: 15 Paddy Jackson, 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ben Loader, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Ruan Botha, 5 Franco van der Merwe (c), 6 Blair Cowan, 7 TJ Ioane, 8 Albert Tuisue
Replacements: 16 Motu Matu’u, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Lovejoy Chawatama, 19 George Nott, 20 Matt Rogerson, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Matt Williams, 23 Tom Parton

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Tiggs 08 November, 2019 12:11
Taufua straight in, but Lavanini still on the bench.

Rich W 08 November, 2019 12:23
No TPN or Kerr?

Tiggs 08 November, 2019 12:31
As well as Liebenberg, Tigers are without Tommy Reffell, Will Spencer and Kyle Eastmond as they work their way back from injury and Tatafu Polota-Nau is also ruled out.

Head coach Murphy confirmed that the six players who have returned from the England squad at the Rugby World Cup have not been considered for selection this week.
“We wanted to give those guys a bit of down time and told them to take a week off,” said Murphy. “They’ll report back next week and we’ll make decisions on their involvement from there.”

Telusa Veainu stands down this week after suffering a facial injury in the win over Gloucester in Round 3, allowing Jonah Holmes to switch to full-back with Adam Thompstone included on the wing against his former club.

GreenandGold22 08 November, 2019 13:00
Is it just me that thinks its slightly concerning that Veainu went back on to the field?

And that we're only giving our England players a week off? I could maybe understand Genge being keen for a game but otherwise they should all have come back at the end of the month prior to the Saints game

Duncan Keene 08 November, 2019 13:10
I find it a bit odd. Taufau went off with a head injury i believe in the Mitre10 cup recently and has had constant rugby for ages, and has had one week training with the squad. Genge has played one world cup game and must be chomping at the bit.

A huge game, win and we have momentum.

Ayerzawannabe 08 November, 2019 13:10
Quote:
GreenandGold22
And that we're only giving our England players a week off? I could maybe understand Genge being keen for a game but otherwise they should all have come back at the end of the month prior to the Saints game

Why?

A month without training sounds like a very bad idea.
Takes time to get them into the new systems etc.

Ayerzawannabe 08 November, 2019 13:19
Quote:
Duncan Keene
I find it a bit odd. Taufau went off with a head injury i believe in the Mitre10 cup recently and has had constant rugby for ages, and has had one week training with the squad. Genge has played one world cup game and must be chomping at the bit.
A huge game, win and we have momentum.

Maybe they were being safe in the final.
I thought that despite being off to a HIA Taufua looked in quite a jolly mood when the camera panned to him on the sidelines.

With Genge it might be more picking the battles given we have only a limited games to play and Loosehead isn't that big an issue.

Stopsy 08 November, 2019 13:22
Ellis also needs to know the lineout calls better that Taufua

Elder 08 November, 2019 14:31
Disappointed Genge isn’t involved. Isn’t this game likely to be a relegation 8 (or 10) pointer? We’ve already lost to the other team regarded as fellow candidates for the drop.
I note Exeter have Slade starting & LCD & Nowell on the bench.

Brownian Motion 08 November, 2019 14:57
Not sure we should be judging ourselves by teams flogging their players, that sounds like a race to the bottom.

Ayerzawannabe 08 November, 2019 15:05
If Bateman or Gigena was injured Genge most likely would've played but both put in good games last weekend especially in the scrums so why rush.

Rich W 08 November, 2019 15:14
Because impatience...

SK 88 08 November, 2019 16:58
I don't see the value in second guessing the medical decisions any more. Some guys come off, some guys go back on.

Unless we really want a game where people are incentivised to target other people's head because any contact forces them off the game, its the only way to be now really. Some go off, others don't. The doctors can see a difference and err on the side of caution already. No one can seriously claim that they are still not treated seriously enough.

At the end of the day its Murphy and Cohen going to get sacked if we have another bad season, so if they think its for the best then fair enough, who am I to argue?

Rich W 08 November, 2019 17:21
Notwithstanding the absences of TPN and Kerr I quite like this side. Power in the back row, our best option currently at 9, interesting 10/12 combination solid back 4 with pace and plenty to come off the bench.

I'm not quite clear what people are stressing about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 17:21 by Rich W.

Stopsy 08 November, 2019 17:43
What do people see as the hierarchy at 10 after George when all fit?

Duncan Keene 08 November, 2019 18:00
I'm not stressed about it in particular.

I think there's a valid discussion to be had about how we are integrating our world cup players compared with others. Exeter for example seem certain to be involved in the business stages of the season, yet have got Hogg and their England players involved straight away.

It will be interesting to see if any World Cup players play Challenge Cup games for us. It seems inevitable that Genge will do now. Is that a waste of their limited available games?

Rich W 08 November, 2019 19:38
All that is true Duncan. But it doesn't feel like some people are doing that.

Yorkie 09 November, 2019 13:34
To do well in the Prem, you need to have a strong squad and play/develop that squad. In recent times, we have had an all-star starting 15 that lacked support behind in some positions. Great "finals" team if you could keep them all fit but perhaps not the depth to actually reach the final in the first place. So a few injuries to a few of the "stars" with a healthy dose of revolving door in the background and we've been far below our best and where we want to be. This ramble is all imvho of course.

I don't see a lot wrong with this team and must assume a few players are carrying knocks as they are not in the 23.

Maybe it is easier to integrate back returning players into a settled Exeter system and set of calls, that is all pretty much the same as it was last season, than it is into a redesigned Tigers system that has been reconstructed during the long preseason? Our defensive system for example has been totally changed since last season.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net