Latest news:

Next Game: C.Cup Sat 23rd Nov Away v Cardiff Blues ko 8:00pm Live on S4C & BT
Game After: GP Sat 30th Nov Away v Northampton Saints ko 3:00pm Live on BT

Bic Biro
Discussion started by Tom Paine , 09 November, 2019 09:23
Bic Biro
Tom Paine 09 November, 2019 09:23
A couple of posts on another threads suggest that we may not be putting out our strongest team against Pau. Whist I agree that trying to achieve a respectable (mid-table would do) position in the League this year should be our top priority, we do have a chance of winning the Challenge Cup. I'd like to see some of the stars returning to give the supporters a lift and to integrate them back into the team. We're coming down for the game, though I might have to get the ark out to ensure our arrival.

Re: Bic Biro
Brownian Motion 09 November, 2019 09:39
My question is, what's "not our strongest" team? All U20s, or a senior team minus internationals? Depending on where on the scale that sits, it doesn't necessarily mean a capitulation, if that makes sense?

melton tiger 09 November, 2019 10:27
Full strength - we need to smash some feckers to pulp. We used to make the French scrum fear the traffic on Aylestone Rd...we've got a new stand in the way now so let's show them how nice it is...

Jon T 09 November, 2019 11:13
I for one, would be very disappointed if we didn't play a side significantly stronger than the usual dev cup games. I'm ok with one without the England lads, but I'd like us to try and win this thing.

blueamada 09 November, 2019 12:54
Rebuild the reputation.Start winning games and keep winning games.
Put out a side capable of doing some damage , I would not turn down any trophy

SK 88 09 November, 2019 12:57
I think we need to develop a healthier attitude to rest and rotation than the recent years view of all or nothing. We have a squad so need to use it. Having said that in the next 11 weeks we play 6 challenge cup games and 5 Premiership games. I would hope we are aiming to "peak" in those 5 Premiership games, the Prem is very close so winning 3 of those games (with only 2 at home) would be really pretty good and leave us 4-4 after 8 games. Winning 4 of them to be 5-3 would be incredibly handy going into Bath (Eng players at 6N camp) and the 4 games during the 6N.

Yorkie 09 November, 2019 13:10
Clermont used the Bic Biro as a springboard from hard times a couple of years ago. Won it and topped their league iirc?

Why can't we do similar?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Tom Paine 09 November, 2019 13:40
Good point, Yorkie.

Rich W 09 November, 2019 14:20
Also agreed Yorkie!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net