Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 7th Dec Home v Calvisano ko 3:00pm Live at epcrugby.com
Game After: ERCC Sat 14th Dec Away v Calvisano ko 1:30pm Live at epcrugby.com

Manu
Discussion started by Yorkie , 30 November, 2019 20:29
Manu
Yorkie 30 November, 2019 20:29
What is the point of selecting him?

Our game plan doesn't seem to involve using him as an attacking weapon.

Oh, I've answered my own dilemma. Attacking is a concept we have yet to grasp as a plan or strategy.

How many passes and runs did he get today? A player on the hoof who must worry the opposition? Look what the Saints' big winger did to Tigers earlier.

Manu looked royally pi$$ed off at the end of the game.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: Manu
Brownian Motion 30 November, 2019 20:34
The one time I remember him getting the ball he made half a dozen metres over the gain line with three Saints players involved in bringing him down. But Tigers then failed to secure quick ruck ball or in any way recognise there was space to exploit.

Yorkie 30 November, 2019 20:37
Space? What you on about? Rugby players aren't allowed to take Apollo space rockets onto the pitch with them. Silly person.

(Sm14)

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Brownian Motion 30 November, 2019 20:55
Buzz Aldrin at 12, Neil Armstrong at 15?

Stopsy 30 November, 2019 20:58
Manu is a great player, which genius is decided to make him impotent on the field by our tactics?

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 30 November, 2019 21:02
All the forwards ever do is run straight into an opposition player from ruck ball. We do not off load and we do not look to run into space.

With this game plan Manu is irrelevant.

Stopsy 30 November, 2019 21:16
And by themselves

GreenandGold22 30 November, 2019 21:37
The use of Manu is probably the best example of how bad our coaching is. And some people on here still say Murphy shouldn't go!?!?

He should actually resign so he keeps his relationship with the supporters in tact. If he only goes once sacked after taking us down thats what he will be remembered for

MarchingIn 30 November, 2019 22:11
Quote:
Stopsy
Manu is a great player, which genius is decided to make him impotent on the field by our tactics?

Ben Youngs?

He only gave 11% of the ball to Ford when you were still in the game, so Tuilagi only saw it by coming to first receiver and running into a wall of defenders.

Tom Paine 30 November, 2019 22:39
His defensive play was very poor as was his tackling. A one arm flap at Naiyaravoro in the second half was pathetic. Too be fair, he wasn't the only one. Our midfield was like a barn door.

SK 88 01 December, 2019 10:29
I think he got the ball twice in attack, we scored a penalty after one of them.

Points on the use of Manu really do indicate the problem with our coaching/game plan.

SaintsMan87 01 December, 2019 18:03
I was particularly worried about Manu when biggar was withdrawn. Thought thatd make your game plan for you. Send him at grayson for 80 mins.

Under cockeril he always scored v us and caused havoc. Yet yesterday I cant remember him being used once which surprised me massively.

I thought you didn't particularly want to play too much when Ford delayed putting the ball down for a penalty after 20 mins. Seemed the plan was to break the game up and slow us down rather than implement anything on us. Hope you get going soon as dont want to see you go down

Parcdeprince 01 December, 2019 18:50
Thanks Saintsman. Very kind of you to imply from Ford's actions that we actually had a plan!!

Saint Stokey 02 December, 2019 09:59
I don't remember a Tigers attack at all. All I remember was Youngs kick, kick and kick some more. And rarely were they contestable.

Ford, Manu, Genge and Thompson are 4 players that could turn your season around. They appear to be the ones that are prepared to grab the game by the balls and try and make things happen. But if 2 of them aren't given any ball, what can you do.

For me, first step would be to 'rest' Ben Youngs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net