Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 7th Dec Home v Calvisano ko 3:00pm Live at epcrugby.com
Game After: ERCC Sat 14th Dec Away v Calvisano ko 1:30pm Live at epcrugby.com

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We can't keep going on like this so what are we going to do?
Discussion started by Yorkie , 02 December, 2019 20:40
We can't keep going on like this so what are we going to do?
Yorkie 02 December, 2019 20:40
Now?

Stop the knee jerking of course so we'll be doing something different at least!

Having said that, just how much longer can Geordan survive if we dish up more spineless, rudderless performances which seem not to have an appropriate, or any, game plan?

And what is the point in sacking SC (which many seem to favour) as PT will just appoint another controllable CEO. Or just promote Andrea which again seems to be favoured by some. Don't know why as not sure what track record/experience she has to take on the job? Don't understand how PT, who is an Executive Director, escapes everyone's ire particularly as he is the ultimate boss.

How do we motive what seem to be a pretty deflated bunch of players who appear to be just going through the motions at times. They are certainly under performing individually and as a team.

Our train has been a run away for a couple of seasons now and its progress on the downward path appears to be rapidly picking up speed again. We need a parachute now or we'll be relegated before we know it imvho.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: We can't keep going on like this so what are we going to do?
Tom Paine 02 December, 2019 21:13
Make sure things go well in training and so on and so on.

melton tiger 02 December, 2019 22:43
Vote for Boris...I'm sure he'd happily give a quote saying how he is going to sort out Leicester Tigers...

Elder 03 December, 2019 06:45
We get relegated - unless the other clubs decide a league without Tigers is even less financially viable and so ringfence the Prem once Newcastle are confirmed as being promoted.
Ringfence or relegation- a nice choice!

Stopsy 03 December, 2019 07:14
Relegation every time for me, imagine how much less our Board would care about poor performance on the pitch if it had less impact.

daktari 03 December, 2019 07:45
The Nuclear option now , relegation , then bought out at a bargain basement price , clear the decks , do a Sarries sack most of the squad and coaching staff and begin again.

Stopsy 03 December, 2019 07:48
or.... start playing like a team, start winning, individually and collectively we are better than this!

S4llyC 03 December, 2019 08:06
Quote:
Stopsy
or.... start playing like a team, start winning, individually and collectively we are better than this!

The preferred option! But I’m not sure who will lead the charge, on current form......and IF Borthwick comes, March will be far too late to have any real impact on this season. I can’t remember ever feeling so despondent, in all the years.....

Stopsy 03 December, 2019 08:21
Let's hope it's a case of darkest before the dawn...

S4llyC 03 December, 2019 09:19
Yes indeed....

odd-shaped vagaries 03 December, 2019 09:25
There has always been a post RWC / Lions tour effect on players; not all maybe, but many

Give them the next two weeks off and pick most of the team which defeated Caerdydd against Calvisano

Only reselect them if they have shaken off the malaise; the home against Exeter would be a good time to assess that and sack those who are still unresponsive; I suspect Genge, Cole and May will turn up

As for the other players, I do not think you can fault their effort, but any who demonstrate such can join the dole queue

Skills need addressing

Do not think relegation or relegation will most certainly occur.

The Club is up for sale and I suspect it's saleability does not depend on the current on-field issues, but those currently steering the ship may only be interested in keeping her off the rocks, not on winning the Blue Ribband

The referee is the final arbitrary

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 03 December, 2019 10:32
Perhaps it's time to reduce the amount of 'stars' who are away with England etc. and work around a squad that's pretty much available all the time (or at least change the balance).

We seem to go from famine to feast and back again. Perhaps it's this disruption that's causing some of our current problems, especially as our competition all have much improved squads compared to previous eras.

Can't really offer anything else

Geoff-Neil 03 December, 2019 13:48
Decide a game where as many as possible do not attend, perhaps the sight of of empty seats and reduced revenue for food and drink might galvanise the board into action. Because the sh8te rugby being produced is having no affect on them.

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 03 December, 2019 15:05
I think Saturday's game may just be the one given it's Xmas together with the@#$%&rugby we're throwing up, the opposition and the inferiority of the competition.

Could the attendance be below 10,000?

If so that might make the money men think a bit.

GT1 03 December, 2019 15:26
I'm not going to stop supporting the team! In fact they need our help more than ever!!
I'm not a happy clapper but I was there on Sat to witness the shambles we have become!
For me the issues are pretty clear - lineouts & the decision to play Wells at 6 + the aimless kicking cost us any chance of a result from that match!
Who ever coaches those areas & comes up with those tactics should go now & bring temp coach in for the period until Borthwick arrives, the rot has to stop!!!
The pats on the back & Saints fans sympathy afterwards did not help!

SK 88 03 December, 2019 16:24

daktari 03 December, 2019 17:49
Yep , a true definition of an asset stripper , profiting from the demise, with the added bonus of hastening the demise and hence the quicker the profit , we have been had , SC is the key to this, he is Tom`s right hand man , his trusted worm tongue. Overseeing and managing this decline , this malaise and this malign influence with in the club , stop blaming the monkeys, start blaming the organ grinders

Tom Paine 03 December, 2019 18:45
According to the position of the company - available from the web site, just google Leicester Tigers shares- at June 2019, Simon Joshua Cohen is to be vested in 10, 000 shares on 01/07 2021. I looked up vesting and gather it is compensation or reward for an employee which they receive even if sacked or leaving their job with the organisation. I have no idea how much 10,000 shares are currently worth. The post on the offy is very enlightening. Thanks SK.

Tigersfan1 03 December, 2019 19:17
According to an article I’ve seen via google if the club were to sell for £60m each share would realise approx £5, if that helps give some context.

daktari 03 December, 2019 19:26
Circa, £50,000 plus contract termination compensation for overseeing 5 years of decline, he`s laughing all the way to the bank.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net