Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 18th Jan Away v Pau ko 1:00pm Live on BTSport ESPN
Game After: GP Sat 25th Jan Away v Bath Rugby ko 3:00pm Not Live on TV

Quarters.
Discussion started by Yorkie , 08 December, 2019 08:56
Quarters.
Yorkie 08 December, 2019 08:56
First Quarter was good. Bonus point try secured within 20 minutes.

2nd Quarter: Poor. Too many mistakes and won by Calvisano.

3rd Quarter: Average at best. Same old, same old starting to creap in.

4th Quarter: Managed to make to score look more respectable but not via our own creativity.

In a men against boys contest that we started so well, shame we struggled to get the 50 point win margin that must have been a target before the game when 100 should have been achievable.

At least we saw what Manu can achieve when given a decent pass on the hoof!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: Quarters.
Brownian Motion 08 December, 2019 14:53
I think trying to extract anything meaningful in performance terms from yesterday's game is supposition at best. And certainly, that's usually how sporting contests go - it's rare for one team to dominate an entire game, no matter how big the alleged gulf in class.

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 08 December, 2019 14:57
It must be difficult motivating yourself against such opposition.

Er then again Tigers find it difficult to get motivated against any type of opposition, good or bad.

Yorkie 08 December, 2019 17:41
In their current position, I'd have thought that Tigers would have set themselves some pretty clear goals/targets. Go into the game knowing exactly what represents success. Without 'SMART' objectives then nothing will change and our decline will continue.

I'd suggest as a minimum for this game:

1. Keep Calvisano to nil in each half and thus the game as a whole.

2. Score a try bonus point within the first 30 minutes.

3. Score over 50 points.

4. Give away less than 5 penalties in each half and thus less than 10 in the whole game.

5. Keep the metres gained figure for Calvisano less than 20 in the whole game.

And these are guys who play rugby for a job. So they should show up and try their best every day. Be that at training or for a game, no matter who they are playing. (Not saying they don't by the way but I do sometimes wonder.) If the cook at the training ground can't be bothered as they believe they're not preparing food for the standard of rugby players they think they should be and so throw a few curly sandwiches on the counter then I bet the players would soon grumble.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net