Latest news:

Next Game: Sat 15th Aug Away v Exeter Chiefs ko time tbc
Game After: Sat 22nd Aug Home v Bath Rugby ko time tbc

Stains v Treviso
Discussion started by odd-shaped vagaries , 12 January, 2020 14:45
Stains v Treviso
odd-shaped vagaries 12 January, 2020 14:45
Stains just scored their bonus point try on 71 minutes, despite a forward pass not checked .. they were 19 - 20 down, but now 26 - 20

Needless to say Leinster are walking over

The referee is the final arbitrary
.. dementiaaahll!

Re: Stains v Treviso
odd-shaped vagaries 12 January, 2020 14:52
Treviso have not had the rub of the green apparently

Stains fifth try .. 33 -20 one minute to go

.. dementiaaahll!

odd-shaped vagaries 12 January, 2020 14:55
All over .. 33 -20

Leinster 42 - 14 Lyon

.. dementiaaahll!

Stopsy 12 January, 2020 15:00
What annoyed me was that the stadium decided to show a replay after the TMO had said "nothing to see" and then the ref watched that and reversed (rightly) the decision. I wonder whether the stadium people would be as eager to replay any incident where Saints were in the wrong (i.e. forward pass for try)

Sans Culottes 12 January, 2020 16:09
Quote:
Stopsy
What annoyed me was that the stadium decided to show a replay after the TMO had said "nothing to see" and then the ref watched that and reversed (rightly) the decision. I wonder whether the stadium people would be as eager to replay any incident where Saints were in the wrong (i.e. forward pass for try)

I thought that was a very "French" approach to choosing what goes on the screen. You see it all the while with French TV, who rarely show a French transgression but repeat ad nauseam, those committed by forge in opposition.

TMO must have been asleep to miss the two neck rolls that were clear to just about everyone else.

Stopsy 12 January, 2020 16:11
Yes, TMO was wrong but the point still stands

Duckonstilts 15 January, 2020 09:40
I wish we had control of the TMO. We need all the help we can get. I expect the Director is looking for controversial decisions to give the commentators things to discuss so anything that slips through is due to so many feeds. If not then BT need a rethink as they shouldn't be trying to influence games. Even if it did help for one close try. They did catch a lot of our forward passes through.... we were pushing it too much imo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net