Latest news:

Next Game: GP Sat 29th Feb Home v Worcester Warriors ko 3:00pm Not Live on TV
Game After: GP Sat 7th Mar Away v Saracens ko 1:00pm Not Live on TV

Cockers talks sense again
Discussion started by PrestonTiger , 11 February, 2020 22:06
Cockers talks sense again
PrestonTiger 11 February, 2020 22:06
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Now Townsend may well be making a horlicks of the job overall- but I think he's bang on right on this topic- when players start making the rules, you end up with Wendyball - or the sacking of the coach... new where have I seen that nearby ???? And how well did it end ?????

Re: Cockers talks sense again
Brownian Motion 11 February, 2020 22:21
Finn Russell is basically a petulant child and snide get to boot; even if Townsend goes I hope the next coach doesn't pick him either.

Rich W 11 February, 2020 22:27
Agreed. Russell might be the most gifted footballer in the world atm but he's clearly a dick with little regard for the greater whole and his place in it.

Mrs H 11 February, 2020 22:30
I read that article he did in The Times and it was all “me,me,me.”
Like Rich said, he may be a great player but he’s still a plonker. He needs to grow up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 22:32 by Mrs H.

harlequinade 11 February, 2020 23:08
Quote:
"After the '99 World Cup I wrote a book and criticised Sir Clive Woodward," recalled Englishman Cockerill.
"He asked me to apologise, I said no and never got picked again. He then won the World Cup and I watched it on television.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

tigerburnie 12 February, 2020 18:23
I reckon Cockers might get the job when Townsend leaves(at the end of this 6 Nations at a guess).

Yorkie 12 February, 2020 19:40
What young Mr Russell has misjudged is Scotland's "need" for him, particularly when the Scottish mafia get to see their son/nephew play in the national 10 shirt! He might never get to play another international and might well have blown his Lions chances too.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

tigerburnie 12 February, 2020 20:11
Mc Cipriani...……………………..sort of...……………………..

Rich W 12 February, 2020 20:24
Quote:
tigerburnie
I reckon Cockers might get the job when Townsend leaves(at the end of this 6 Nations at a guess).

No chance - the @#$%& at the SRU could give the Ah! F You lessons.

Mrs H 13 February, 2020 08:56
Isn’t there history with Finn Russell’s father having been sacked by the SRU?
May explain Finns chip

PrestonTiger 13 February, 2020 14:52
Quote:
tigerburnie
Mc Cipriani...……………………..sort of...……………………..
r
I was thinking " McHenson"

IDLETIMES 15 February, 2020 13:02
Townsend is correct. You can't have one player dictating terms.

Duncan Keene 16 February, 2020 12:18
Mrs H is correct, there's history of the Scottish Union illegally sacking Russell's dad, they are clearly discriminating against him so far as i can see. Can't see him playing for them again unless the rot at the top of the union go.

Also agree with Yorkie that the identity of his rival for the shirt is key in the Scottish media deciding which side of the argument to take. Don't think Gatland had any intention of picking him for the Lions though and Racing may pay even more next time as he's going well there and now might be available the whole year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net