Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Weather for the weekend !
Discussion started by Tiggs , 13 February, 2020 13:31
Weather for the weekend !
Tiggs 13 February, 2020 13:31
It seems that there is a real chance that some games might not go ahead this weekend.

50+ mph winds and rain during the game in Leicester.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Re: Weather for the weekend !
arh53 13 February, 2020 16:29
Umpah, umpah stick it up your jumpah.

Tom Paine 13 February, 2020 17:59
Or if the wind's behind you, keep bouncing the punts over the dead ball line.

Tiggs 14 February, 2020 12:51
It seems that the North West, South West, South East, and London will get the worse, following closely by the East Midlands.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Brownian Motion 14 February, 2020 17:42
Fingers crossed it will still be on, or if not the call is made before we leave Cambridge!

PrestonTiger 14 February, 2020 19:31
Yeah. Peeps need decent notice. Binning it at 2.30pm is fheckalll good

PrestonTiger 14 February, 2020 22:45
Let's see what tomorrow brings.

We usually travell by train so part of our dilemma is getting stranded when some overhead wires get damaged and even diesel trains can't leapfrog stopped electric trains.

And obvs not wanting anyone travelling or playing to get hurt if the winds get strong enough to dislodge things (recall the advertising hoardings getting dislodged at Quins a few seasons back from atop the stand?)

Safe travels for all those on the move.

S4llyC 15 February, 2020 09:21
Well for the first time in over 35 years, Iíve swapped my terrace ticket for a seat - having spent much of 2020 fighting off pneumonia and then shingles, todayís weather is not the day for toughing it out in the wind and rain.

Hoping we can play sensibly in the conditions, and start to regain some pride.

IDLETIMES 15 February, 2020 13:10
Well done S4ally, When I had shingles I never had any pain with it but the Dr. kept saying it would come but it never did and eventually cleared up.

Tom Paine 15 February, 2020 14:21
Lucky fellah. You have my sympathy, Sally, as shingles was one of the most painful illnesses I can remember. Pneumonia ain't much fun either. Wrap up and keep warm.

S4llyC 15 February, 2020 18:31
Thanks both. I had shingles once before, and it was excruciatingly painful. Fortunately this time I recognised the symptoms early, got the antiviral meds, and it has been a much milder version, thank goodness.

My seat in the Crumbie on the old wooden benches was ok, but I missed the company of all my Terrace mates, and Iíll be back again there next time. At least it was out of the wind and rain.

Oh, and why is there such a constant stream of people up and down, up and down, to the bar/loo, arriving late, leaving early to miss the halftime queues, etc, etc.......? Itís nothing like that in our usual spot!

L.F 16 February, 2020 14:05
You should try sitting in what used to be called the Members' stand. As well as the constant stream of people to the bar etc. we also have to contend with people who talk loudly and non-stop throughout the game about all sorts of irrelevant tosh. Bl**dy distracting, not to mention rude.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net