Latest news:

Next Game: GP Sat 29th Feb Home v Worcester Warriors ko 3:00pm Not Live on TV
Game After: GP Sat 7th Mar Away v Saracens ko 1:00pm Not Live on TV

Where Rugby (fails to) lead, wendyball follows
Discussion started by PrestonTiger , 14 February, 2020 19:46
Where Rugby (fails to) lead, wendyball follows
PrestonTiger 14 February, 2020 19:46
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Mancy City Banned from the Euros for financial unfair play.

Re: Where Rugby (fails to) lead, wendyball follows
Brownian Motion 14 February, 2020 19:55
And like with rugby, the consensus is that there are plenty of other teams still getting away with it. I'm looking at you, Barca, Real, PSG and Bayern.

Man from LA 14 February, 2020 22:17
Quote:
Brownian Motion
And like with rugby, the consensus is that there are plenty of other teams still getting away with it. I'm looking at you, Barca, Real, PSG and Bayern.

I didn't think there was a consensus in rugby that other teams are getting away with it, unless you count the transparent smears by some Saracens fans and their apologists in the media (that died a death).

Brownian Motion 14 February, 2020 22:19
At least one other club was implicated in 2015 in the English league. The French teams allegedly have a salary cap now...

Yorkie 14 February, 2020 22:39
I thought the French teams had a very simple rule that a club must pay it's own way each season so that it enters the next season with no debt. So their backers/sponsors must stump up the cash to cover any debts at the end of a season or they are relegated.

Has this now changed?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Rich W 14 February, 2020 23:43
We don't have an equivalent of UEFA so the comparison with the French/Irish doesn't work.

Yorkie 15 February, 2020 12:37

Rich W 15 February, 2020 12:41
Administrative body...

Yorkie 16 February, 2020 18:26
..as is UEFA. UEFA is just the European local sub organisation of FIFA.

Rich W 16 February, 2020 19:29
Not as I understand it. UEFA is a governing body in and of itself that affiliates to FIFA.

I may be wrong of course...

Yorkie 17 February, 2020 16:18
UEFA is the governing body in Europe as it represents FIFA within that territory. Same as CAF is for Africa etc.

The local "Confederations" have their own "local" competitions and cups, for both clubs and countries.

UEFA used to be very strong and independent (and would often challenge stuff being done centrally by FIFA) but this changed when Platini became President as he was sucking up to Blatter in the hope/expectation of taking over from him. Since the scandal, UEFA trying to re-establish its clout and credentials.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net