Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Friday night
Discussion started by tigerburnie , 16 February, 2020 19:30
Friday night
tigerburnie 16 February, 2020 19:30
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but thought it merited a thread. I reckon we need to try and get some sort of momentum going, we never have done very well up at Sale on a Friday night, but I think we need to go for it and try and get some go forward, some positives. Throwing a weakened side out is counter productive, we need to get battle hardened and worry about Wuss the week after.

Re: Friday night
jojo 16 February, 2020 20:46
Looking at the table and some of our results this season we are not that far from being competitive, OK Sale are going well this season but this team can be difficult to beat and if they turn up with belief may be able to pull off a result which no one on here thinks we are capable of. Go into this game half heartedly and we will get well and truly get walloped. Go out there and try to win and who knows what will happen.
Let's be positive and back our boys.

Rich W 17 February, 2020 00:06
thumbs down

tigersimon 17 February, 2020 06:31
Do return to play protocols allow Sione to play after 6 days after failing his HIA on Saturday?
If not Sam Lewis onto bench if Guy still N/A.

Gigena back into squad if work permit sorted.

Otherwise just after a break we should be looking to field the same team.

odd-shaped vagaries 17 February, 2020 08:47
The team will be shorn of internationals anyway, and Kalamafoni failed his hia too, but I agree with jo-jo .. Saturday last's team can slog it out on a rainy night in MancLand

The referee is the final arbitrary

Tiggs 17 February, 2020 12:08
I must admit to being gloomy about the next few weeks.
Away v Sale on a Fri is very rarely a win, and they are in form.
Home v Wuss, is far from a certainty, but a hopeful win ?
And then away at Sarries and Exeter, and so no chance of anything from those games.
I can not see anything but us being even further behind in 11th come April.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Rich W 17 February, 2020 13:06
Have you seen Wasps next few fixtures?

I think we'll beat Wuss - that will probably move us up to 9th. Beat Sale or Sarries (as I say at some point they are going to blow up) and we'll be as near to the top 4 as11th.

jojo 17 February, 2020 13:13
thumbs down Rich
Too much negativity on this site. Time to be positive and show the players we believe in them and support them when they turn up and perform.

Tiggs 17 February, 2020 13:16
You can argue that they have easier matches than Tigers coming up ? Very little in it ?
We both play Sarries, we both play Wuss, they play Saints, but we play Exeter, they play LI but we play Sale, and they play Glos, but we play Bath.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Rich W 17 February, 2020 13:31
I think theirs is harder and frankly they look significantly worse than we do in the forwards.

I'm not saying we're about to become world-beaters but I've seen enough signs of improvement to think we're in a better place.

tigerburnie 17 February, 2020 15:36
Improvements across the park, add in our internationals who as individuals are game changers to the mix and who knows what may happen, I've not given up on them putting some pride back in the shirt.

daktari 17 February, 2020 15:42
Well we will probably be without our team captian on the field for some weeks to come

S4llyC 17 February, 2020 15:56
Time for Jordan Taufua to step up, then, he took over when OTY went off on Saturday.

I see that as a very definite positive.

jojo 17 February, 2020 18:29
See I told you to find and look at the positives.
(Sm110)

tigerburnie 18 February, 2020 12:38
I think I'd go for the same side as last week, with the possibility that OTY may be on the norty step, then TPN starts with Jake Kerr on the bench(I assume he has played next to no rugby this year?).

Duncan Keene 18 February, 2020 12:55
I think Kalamafoni will be out due to the HIA rules and OTY will be banned.
I think Geordan will bring Wells in for Kalamafoni, though i would bring Reffell in and re-jig the back row or Bolodau \ Coughlan and keep the tactics the shape the same. At hooker if OTY is out then i think Kerr goes to the bench rather than leapfrogging TPN.

Other than that the only selection decision as i see it is:

10 Hardwick 12 Eastmond
10 Hardwick 12 Reid
10 Reid 12 Eastmond

And i can't make my mind up on that one!

Rich W 18 February, 2020 13:13
Not sure either Reffell or Wells sorts us out at 8 - yes I know both Liebenberg and Taufaua have played there but I much prefer them in their positions of last week. So my preference is definitely Bolodau/Coughlan.

I think I'd stick with Hardwick/Eastmond for now but be ready to make an early change if required.

Hooker is straightforward - even though I'd make a different decision. The rest of the team largely selects itself.

SK 88 18 February, 2020 13:21
The only query is if we should flex the selection for Sale's breakdown strengths. I think you could argue for Wells and Reffell in on that basis. I don't think we will do that though.

Not sure on Kalamafoni, something rings a bell that if you pass each stage you can pay in 6 days. But not 100% and in any case any little delay would mean him missing anyway.

Captain Darling 18 February, 2020 13:30
With Youngs likely to get a few weeks on the naughty step and Kala failing his HIA I hope to see.

1.Bateman
2.Kerr
3.Cole (c)
4.Lavanini
5.Spencer
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell (vc)
8.Taufua

9.White (vc)
10.Hardwick

11.Holmes
12.Reid
13.Taute
14.Olowofela/Thompstone/Hughes (I'd select those guys in that order depending on fitness)
15.Veainu

16.Polota-Nau
17.Leatigaga/Gigena
18.Heyes
19.Wells
20.Lewis
21.Simmons
22.Eastmond
23.Worth

I was impressed with Reid when he came on. I hope that the experience of Reid and Taute outside Hardwick can help Tom settle more.

White and Reffell both impress me as young leaders in the squad so hopefully Youngs x 2, Ford, Manu and Green being unavailable sees one or both rewarded with the vice captaincy.

Duncan Keene 18 February, 2020 15:38
Can't fault any of that thinking, and yes if Olowofela is fit i'd promote him and probably Thompstone too above Hughes.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net