Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Do we want refunds for unplayed matches in 2019/20 season
PrestonTiger 20 March, 2020 13:22
There's another reason we don't want clubs to go bust. That will open the back door to the RFUs desire for regional rugby that is centrally controlled.

Rich W 20 March, 2020 13:56
Absolutely - that was one of my first thoughts Preston. And then the Ah F You's silence on support comes into focus.

harlequinade 20 March, 2020 15:24
Quote:
Wasps statement As everyone is aware, we are living through extraordinary times and none of us can predict the future or speculate when the current situation will end.

As a club and business, we are having to make difficult decisions to navigate these unchartered waters and ensure the Club is in a position to continue its exciting journey when we come through this global emergency.

We would all love the season to be back underway immediately, but all Rugby activities are currently suspended and there are no guarantees as to when we might start playing again. In light of the latest advice and information from the Government, along with the pattern of escalation we have seen in the last few days, businesses around the world are being heavily impacted and we, Wasps, are no different.

With this in mind, we need to take some extremely difficult and significant action to reduce costs immediately so we can resume doing what we love when this is all over. The impact of these decisions is going to be felt across the whole business.

Having discussed this situation at length with my colleagues from across the league, as well as Premiership Rugby, we are putting in place salary reductions of 25 per cent across the majority of the Rugby department until we are playing Gallagher Premiership matches again. These measures will take effect from 1 April 2020. A number of lower paid staff will be excluded from these salary reductions.

I spoke with Lee Blackett and senior members of the playing squad last night, and we then communicated this message to the wider team and colleagues. I could not be more proud of their response, understanding and determination to help the Club in such testing times. The same is true of the players’ efforts to support our wider community stay connected and keep talking, which I am sure you will be aware of.

These are extraordinary times which call for extraordinary and robust measures. We do not know with any certainty how long these reductions will be in place, but we will review the situation on an ongoing basis and continue to keep the entire Wasps family up to date with developments.

This great Club has a proud history spanning over 150 years and, with everyone working together, we will ensure it has a great future.

Life is short,
and art long,
opportunity fleeting,
experimentations perilous,
and judgment difficult.

Willbur 20 March, 2020 16:26
I guess it all comes down to personal/individual circumstances.

I can currently take the hit of losing the money, through not having the matches to attend for my terrace ticket for this season, especially if it helps, in some small way, the club to be stable.

Others who pay more or cannot afford the hit, will understandably think differently.

Direct debits already being taken for next year's ST..... a bit uncertain in the current climate. But, without being a dumb observer to it all, I'll cancel other things before I cancel that.

If (when?) the matches are cancelled and the club issues a stance, then I'd probably politely refuse a refund for the matches missed.

I do have several tickets purchased for the European finals weekend - when booked, as a treat, a long weekend in Marseille in May, with beer/wine & rugby seemed idyllic..... I won't be so accommodating on that, refund wanted if cancelled and even if postponed as any revised dates may not be convenient.

But right now, there are bigger things going on in the World.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2020 16:28 by Willbur.

johnthegrif 20 March, 2020 17:36
It may surprise some to learn that many of Tigers office staff are probably working from home so their could be problems accessing the ticketing system from home making refunds if decided upon difficult in the near future.

IDLETIMES 20 March, 2020 19:10
Very well put Willber

Yorkie 20 March, 2020 20:52
FFS.

Who knows what is going to happen in the next few weeks!

A significant number of posters might even be wearing a wooden overcoat before this thing is over.

Get a grip. No-one's crystal ball is giving them worthwhile guidance. It might all be over in a few weeks or alternatively it could be a few months. Years even!

The club cannot make a decision re fixtures by themselves. The league and European competitions have currently been placed on hold. Not cancelled. So how can the club do anything but follow the collective lead?

Things will become much more ordered and planned over the coming days and weeks as the current unknown becomes clearer and more predictable.

Back to the thread title, who says that there'll be "unplayed" matches to refund?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

PrestonTiger 21 March, 2020 09:23
As of this morn the rugby season is over for all below the Prem.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

IDLETIMES 21 March, 2020 11:38
Sorry if I upset you Yorkie, I didn't mean to, I only started the post because I thought the subject would come up. To make my position absolutely clear, While we are certainly not rich we are not wanting financially, I don't. expect to get any, nor do I need any money back
. I understand that cricket is hoping to start in May, behind closed doors, some of these Counties are un an even more precarious financial position than the rugby. Just to give an example, I am a life member at Leics. and you cant really put a price on that

Yorkie 21 March, 2020 12:40
Idle.

This thread isn't one of yours!

People need to start worrying about living through this thing by the sound of it. But who really knows at the moment? Let the thing play out for a few days/weeks. It will hopefully all become a little clearer. No need to knee jerk just yet imvho.

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 21 March, 2020 14:16
Can we not talk of frivolous things that don't really matter in the scheme of things?

If we cannot then I think I will go silently mad over the coming very, very hard months

That's what we do best on this board. We speculate and we have opinions (sometimes based on limited knowledge). The debates are all pretty insignificant when measured against life and death but distraction and entertainment make living worthwhile.

IDLETIMES 21 March, 2020 16:16
Correct , Yorky, got mixed up with the threads. Managed to get out and do some work on the garden today first time in 3 weeks, that's a good story isn't it

Yorkie 21 March, 2020 18:24
Quote:
RushdenTiger (KT at work)
Can we not talk of frivolous things that don't really matter in the scheme of things?

Yep but was the OP really that "frivolous"?

Willbur 24 March, 2020 17:35
Well, the European Semis and Finals now also postponed - as expected really.

Tickets rollover to new dates when/if announced but, if I read it correctly, if you cannot make the new dates then you'll be entitled to a refund - doesn't say 'full' refund.

"Tickets already purchased for the Marseille finals will be valid for the new dates when announced, and from that point, fans who are unable to attend on the new dates will be entitled to a refund."

[www.skysports.com]

Yorkie 25 March, 2020 18:56
Horse's mouth.

Doesn't say "full" either. Assume they'll only refund what you've paid them and not for any associated costs like travel or hotels. If they said "full" then some would expect the latter too.

arh53 26 March, 2020 11:07
Quote:
Yorkie
Horse's mouth.
Doesn't say "full" either. Assume they'll only refund what you've paid them and not for any associated costs like travel or hotels. If they said "full" then some would expect the latter too.

Cancelled flights should be refunded by the airlines - although I am being told mine could take 4-5 weeks to come through! I had an email from one airline last week saying my flights have been cancelled and I will receive a refund. Then another on the next day saying I can check in now for my flight! So they do seem to be a bit chaotic.

Hotels it depends on the booking conditions but you should be able to reclaim off travel insurance. Travel insurance prices are going to rise steeply after this though. But maybe home insurance will go down with everyone at home 24/7!

IDLETIMES 26 March, 2020 11:32
I bet it won't

jojo 02 April, 2020 20:07
Now that time has moved on and we are a little clearer with the state of rugby both domestically and European and that the RFU have virtually admitted that no further matches will be played in the premiership I believe it would be in Leicester Tigers interests to let their supporters know what their plans are going forward.
As season ticket holders we enter into a contract with the club for 11 premiership home games and 3 European games, we have paid for 5 games which are now unlikely to go ahead. As a matter of curtesy the club should at least make an announcement of their intentions regarding these games, perhaps they could say that next season (if it manages to go ahead) for every game that was paid for (5) and then cancelled, 5 free tickets could be given to replace those. Say 12 k season ticket holders that would be 60k tickets over 14 games. At least it will fill some of the empty spaces that were starting to appear over the last 2 or 3 seasons and who knows we may get another 2 or 3 thousand getting into the habit of going to the Tigers.
Simon Cohen pull you proverbial out.

Yorkie 02 April, 2020 20:19
Those who pay by Direct Debit are already paying for next season's season ticket, aren't they?

jojo 02 April, 2020 20:26
Just to make myself clear the 5 free tickets would be in addition to the full season ticket.

i.e. you could for example get someone extra to go to 5 consecutive matches so that person gets into the habit of going and then may be persuaded to continue going or just give the extra tickets to friends etc.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net