Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

O/T Heartbreaking
Discussion started by IDLETIMES , 21 March, 2020 12:21
O/T Heartbreaking
IDLETIMES 21 March, 2020 12:21
My mother un law is in a home in the next village, like many others they have gone into lockdown. To me it is just a miner inconvenience but to her daughters it is heartbreaking. They have to ring the bell, she is wheeled to the door and they shout at each other through the door. Although in many ways we are poler opposites, we have always got on well. In our early days me and the future Mrs Idle fell out for a short time but Mrs Idle said her parents never took sides they just said is that really what you want. As I say, she is a lovely lady and it upsets me to see her daughters efforts to communicate with her

Re: O/T Heartbreaking
Stopsy 21 March, 2020 12:43
Same with my Dad, had been visiting him 5-6 times a week but now writing letters

Yorkie 21 March, 2020 12:47
I'm staying away from my parents. A planned visit for this weekend put on hold. Better they don't catch anything by me inadvertently passing something on than me fulfilling my (selfish?) need to see them in person. Both well anchored in the vunerable group. Can always speak on the telephone.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

PrestonTiger 21 March, 2020 13:32
Quote:
Yorkie
I'm staying away from my parents. A planned visit for this weekend put on hold. Better they don't catch anything by me inadvertently passing something on than me fulfilling my (selfish?) need to see them in person. Both well anchored in the vunerable group. Can always speak on the telephone.

Exactly the same here. Parents in upper 80s and not robust.
Was planning to drop in whilst oop North this weekend Sunday. But that's all cancelled.
The last thing they actually need right now is someone travelling 100+ miles to bring a different set of diseases into their house.

seventyeight 21 March, 2020 14:54
mother in law living 150 miles north is our only remaining elder so we’re relying on WhatsApp video calls. At least we have the tech these days to keep in touch !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net