Discussion started by Yorkie , 07 April, 2020 19:44
Tigers' main sponsor.
Yorkie 07 April, 2020 19:44

Re: Tigers' main sponsor.
Brownian Motion 07 April, 2020 22:08
Unfairly, in my opinion.

PrestonTiger 08 April, 2020 00:55
Yep. People need to eat. And whilst some may buy flapjacks others genuinely need specific stuff that the big stores don't have (especially as hoarders snatched up all the Gluten free and special diet and dried stuff).
If the shops are getting over run then there's means of controlling that - limit the number inside, put some screens up, no cash payments. Other stores manage to.

And we're all supposed to be eating healthy right ?

IDLETIMES 11 April, 2020 14:47
That's the problem now, everyone is demanding Protective Clothing and that they should be 2m apart at all times when in many jobs it is simply not possible

Yorkie 11 April, 2020 17:34
Quote:
IDLETIMES
That's the problem now, everyone is demanding Protective Clothing and that they should be 2m apart at all times when in many jobs it is simply not possible

So, in those jobs, appropriate protective gear should be supplied if said job really does still have to be done or otherwise said job should be put on hold.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

IDLETIMES 11 April, 2020 17:48
Yes but the Govt. had not published an official list of essential workers so many are self identifying ad essential.

Dave0205 12 April, 2020 08:26
No sympathy for the workers from me, supermarkets are working , not to mention NHS and care staff, my mate has a garage, he has plenty of work, his problem is many of his blokes WANT to be furloughed, they would rather stay at home on 80% pay

ChrisC 12 April, 2020 10:02
Something (amongst many) that I don't understand so maybe somebody here can enlighten me.

I saw an interview with the Managing Director of a care home company bemoaning the fact that her employees weren't being provided with PPE by the NHS.

Now surely these are private companies who should provide PPE to their workers not the government.

My late aunt had dementia and was in a private care home for some years and died a few years back at a few days short of her 99th birthday from a chest infection that led to pneumonia.

I was paying just over 1000.00 per week for her care and the home had 50 residents. The company that owned/ran the home, in spite of making good profits, hiked prices by well over inflation every year. Friends who also had relatives in care told a similar story. My point is why aren't these companies looking after their employees using their own funds?

odd-shaped vagaries 12 April, 2020 10:52
Eeeeee, Chris .. don't get me started .. a thousand pounds a week would be cheaper .. yes, prices are hiked greedily .. but it's a cleft stick, innit, for their nursing cannot be got elsewhere

These places still seem to take what they can from the NHS .. supplies, but especially partial funding, without reducing their bill .. but I would guarantee that if they incurred an aditional cost of any kind their bill would increase by at least that amount .. emloyee welfare? ha! Only insofar as it affects the bottom line too often

Be aware all those who are lackadaisical about the prospect of more private healthcare

The referee is the final arbitrary

SimonG19 12 April, 2020 14:30
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Eeeeee, Chris .. don't get me started .. a thousand pounds a week would be cheaper .. yes, prices are hiked greedily .. but it's a cleft stick, innit, for their nursing cannot be got elsewhere
These places still seem to take what they can from the NHS .. supplies, but especially partial funding, without reducing their bill .. but I would guarantee that if they incurred an aditional cost of any kind their bill would increase by at least that amount .. emloyee welfare? ha! Only insofar as it affects the bottom line too often

Be aware all those who are lackadaisical about the prospect of more private healthcare

I have a very good friend who runs the family nursing home.

I am appalled at the ludicrous generalisations in your post let alone your guarantee. You should be ashamed.

And in response to ChrisC's post his business buy all their own PPE and they take NHS patients who they treat in exactly the same was as non-NHS patients using the PPE they bought. Of course I can only speak for him and wouldn't generalise.

TonyMay 12 April, 2020 14:47
Yeah they need to stay open to sell essential homeopathy medicine.

[www.youtube.com]

Brownian Motion 12 April, 2020 16:08
Can't recall H&B selling homeopathy, I DO recall them selling a range of foods and supplements for a number of diseases and conditions which aren't always easy to come by.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net