Latest news:

Next Game: GP Sun 13th Sep Home v Northampton Saints ko 2.00pm live on BT
Game After: ERCC Sun 20th Sep Home v Castres Olympique ko 3.00pm live on BT

Wasps.
Discussion started by Yorkie , 22 May, 2020 21:14
Wasps.
Yorkie 22 May, 2020 21:14
Rumoured to be in a very sticky place financially. The consequences of their bond don't help either and might well tip them over the edge it's said. Resolving their training centre ambitions may take much longer than expected too? But quality players still signing to stay with the club!

Jimmy Gopperth the latest to be announced.

Jack Willis

Thomas Young gives up on Wales and stays even though Dad's no longer there.

Marcus Watson

Prop Tom West

Prop Biyi Alo

Obviously the players have faith in new guy Lee Blackett to keep them movong forward.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: Wasps.
SK 88 22 May, 2020 22:53
Yes its all very interesting with Wasps.

The bond, last time I checked, was trading at 50p in the pound and due to be redeemed in May 2022.

I'm tempted to bob a few quid on that. The cartel is strong and if they ended up defaulting and I ended up owning a bit of Cov City's ground it would be fun for the lols anyway.

When looking at people likely to go bust it is external debt that I always look at. Owner debt could get called in but always feels unlikely, whereas Wasps need 35m in two years or ....... what exactly? The refinance will cost an absolute bomb now surely? A default and CCFC sweep back into the stadium? Cov City Council bail them out? (to get sued for state aid again?)

As you say, the training ground seems somewhere between a pipedream and a PR exercise to me. Henly in Arden is an odd place to try and put your training ground anyway. Be like us training in somewhere like Twycross. Or maybe Neville Holt.

BUT they are retaining good players! Who knows? Certainly not me, normally I'd say good luck but I'll never wish that to FaCov.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net