Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
3 Years s.t.
Discussion started by IDLETIMES , 23 May, 2020 19:15
3 Years s.t.
IDLETIMES 23 May, 2020 19:15
Have sent in my opinion. Good idea if you can afford it. Have also suggested that if there are any refunds they could be done via a share issue

Re: 3 Years s.t.
Yorkie 23 May, 2020 19:28
Share issuing not an option apparently.

3 year season ticket still only an idea at the moment Idle. Forum members were being canvased to see if we thought it is a good or bad idea.

I take it that you didn't tune into the digital forum meeting?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

IDLETIMES 23 May, 2020 19:32
No, just the follow up but thanks for the info.

odd-shaped vagaries 23 May, 2020 20:22
"3 year season ticket still only an idea at the moment Idle. Forum members were being canvased to see if we thought it is a good or bad idea."

Talk about making it easy for the Club, by guaranteeing their income regardless of how the perform .. I know we are supporters and are unlikely to go elsewhere, but at least keep a little inspirational doubt in their minds

The referee is the final arbitrary

IDLETIMES 23 May, 2020 20:40
It wouldn't be compulsory and doubtful it would happen next season.. As an I dea its worth some rhought

Tiggs 23 May, 2020 23:17
I used to have a 3 year ST then they stopped doing it and I had to let it run down to just the current season. Shame really as it meant that you were actually paying the price from 2 years previous for the current ST. I would do it again.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

PrestonTiger 23 May, 2020 23:20
Can we wind this discussion back a little please?

The 3 year ST idea. What is that / what does it entail ?
Yep a ST for 3 years... guessed that. But what's the thinking on the deal ?
A commitment to pay monthly but for 3 years not just for 1 as at present ?
Or 3 years dosh up front now ? Or over 12 months ?
Or buy-2-get-1-free ?

Any get out for playing 1 season in the soon-to-be semi-pro Championship? Etc..

Tiggs 23 May, 2020 23:24
I suspect 3 years in full up front, or 3 years paid over 1 year by d/d.

Yorkie 24 May, 2020 09:59
Preston

The club is burning its cash with no current significant income and high fixed costs. (It is not alone in that as a business.)

At some point it may also have a significant "pay back" debt (unknown when or how much) to Match Ticket holders, Season Ticket holders, club sponsors, PRL sponsors and/or TV money.

The club might well have to quickly generate some cashflow. Last time they needed a large wedge of cash was when they built the North (Cat) Stand and the 3 year season ticket offer was well received and many folk went for it. "In these different and difficult times, would it work again and how many people might take it up IF it was offered?" was the question.

Would be buying a 3 year season ticket and paying in full now. (The club need the cash now.) Whenever "now" might end up being. Sweetners to get people to buy are as yet undecided if they will exist at all.

This is just one option being considered and will depend upon many other decision inputs. Downside of this scheme is that it has a negative on future cash flow.

This is how I understand it. Just to emphasis, it is not yet a fully formed idea/scheme yet and may or may not happen.

Brownian Motion 24 May, 2020 10:01
Why would anyone, even the most fervent Tigers fans, tie themselves into a 3-year contract at 1st rate prices for a currently 3rd rate club? And at a time when the vast majority of people are really feeling the financial pinch?

Yet more proof the owner(s) and board haven't a clue.

GT1 24 May, 2020 10:13
It's called being a fan!
I'm paying for a season ticket to mainly support the club & I don't expect anything back in return atm!
If the club came up with a longer term deal I would consider it & if it worked for me + also helping the club some more then maybe!!!

Brownian Motion 24 May, 2020 10:16
Bully for you for being able to afford to.

Rich W 24 May, 2020 10:16
I'd certainly consider it.

No-one is asking those who can't afford it to do so. The suggestion as I understand it, is that if you can, for a small benefit in return, this should be a way to help out the club we all support, in a time of difficulty. Again - if you can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/05/2020 10:21 by Rich W.

Tiggs 24 May, 2020 10:32
I don't pay to watch Tigers win, and never did. I was lucky enough to see many great wins, but I have also seen many great losses, and many very poor games too, but I enjoy so many things about the day, and not just the standard of play.

IDLETIMES 24 May, 2020 11:13
Yes, I remember it now, I for one. would take it up as I could afford it, I fully realise that many cant particularly if it is a family thing. Like Yorkie says it's just one of several ideas going around at the moment some of which will never come to fruition but when rugby does restart I would think a quick source of income will be required
. just to say that a similar discussion is going on at Grace Rd. and, I would think, other cricket and football clubs, many members have already said keep the money

johnthegrif 24 May, 2020 11:19
Some people look to moan whatever the team they support do. Tigers like many businesses at this time have a serious cash flow problem, unlike many other types of business they have a potential debt of possibly three million pounds if they have to compensate season ticket holders for unplayed matches. They are exploring ways to overcome this problem, no decisions have been made and definitely there is no suggestion that a three year ticket would be anything more than an option. At the end of the day we are Tiger's supporters and want our club to survive, I believe most will want to do what they can to help depending upon their circumstances. Leicester Tigers are probably not as vulnerable as some of our competitors but no club is safe, we have to survive as a business and as a professional sport so the question is what are you prepared to do to help your team?

PrestonTiger 24 May, 2020 11:26
Thanks Yorkie for the explanation.
Of course now you remind me if the 3 year ticket around Car Stand building, I remember !
And understood re. needing cashflow now with committed outgoings but no weekly income.

odd-shaped vagaries 24 May, 2020 11:34
Quote:
johnthegrif
Some people look to moan whatever the team they support do. Tigers like many businesses at this time have a serious cash flow problem, unlike many other types of business they have a potential debt of possibly three million pounds if they have to compensate season ticket holders for unplayed matches. They are exploring ways to overcome this problem, no decisions have been made and definitely there is no suggestion that a three year ticket would be anything more than an option. At the end of the day we are Tiger's supporters and want our club to survive, I believe most will want to do what they can to help depending upon their circumstances. Leicester Tigers are probably not as vulnerable as some of our competitors but no club is safe, we have to survive as a business and as a professional sport so the question is what are you prepared to do to help your team?

I am prepared to play fly half or any other 'glory' position for weekend kick-offs, but mid-week could be a problem

The referee is the final arbitrary

johnthegrif 24 May, 2020 11:47
Rog whilst I respect your offer I am not sure it is helpful. Being an ex Moat boy I am sure somewhere deep down is the ability to catch and kick a ball, however from what I remember of your family's talents it would necessary for the ground to be under six feet of water for you to show any form of sporting ability.

Yorkie 24 May, 2020 11:51
Quote:
Brownian Motion
Yet more proof the owner(s) and board haven't a clue.

Whilst it hurts to defend those parties, this is one thing that you can't pin on them. This is just one idea being considered by the management of the club. Might happen and it might not. If there is no real desire (or enough desire to make it worthwhile) for this scheme then it probably won't happen. The club were just gathering opinions from forum members which is what it is there for. Idle has perhaps spoken out of school and jumped the gun? Appears to have opened up a can of worms anyway!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net