Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Interview with Pat Howard
Discussion started by SK 88 , 24 May, 2020 22:29
Interview with Pat Howard
SK 88 24 May, 2020 22:29

Re: Interview with Pat Howard
SK 88 24 May, 2020 22:33
Is it just me or does he put a total burn on Matt Toomua at about 9:30 in that vid?

Rich W 24 May, 2020 23:33
It's not just you.

Really good interview - though I would have expected nothing different from Pat.

Yorkie 25 May, 2020 00:07
Only has very positive things to say about the departed Mr Evil.

Good interview as you say but I do wonder why now? Good PR to try and settle in all the changes in these troubled times?

Confirms what some of us have said for a while about the squad over the last few seasons being a real mix up of different coaches' visions fogged by different priorities/cultures.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Rich W 25 May, 2020 00:15
Yep.

IDLETIMES 25 May, 2020 11:52
Talks the same as he played, sense, skill and vision

daktari 25 May, 2020 14:15
Very interesting that he mimicked many comments and observations of this board. He identified a lack of discipline and high standards being set , a management structure that lacked a clear spine , without clarity and unity , a disconnect between boardroom and dressing room . Hollow "values" (I draw one example "Tigers Family"). was identified and a lack of a stern ability to drive vision , values , high standards and discipline.
As for Toomua , oh yes , he clearly isn`t impressed.

odd-shaped vagaries 26 May, 2020 11:39
Insightful

The referee is the final arbitrary
.. dementiaaahll!

Rich W 26 May, 2020 11:44
In fairness I think his sideways reference to Toomua was only intended as an example - he could have named other non-Australians for whom the same applies. He could have suggested a Welshman for example.

PrestonTiger 26 May, 2020 16:44
I just listened to this properly.

As folks point out a lot of the things he raised were raised by people here on this board.
He's clear a revival will take time. Hope we have it - Salerycens have bought us a year. Hope that is enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net