Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

O/T Message to Rich W
Discussion started by IDLETIMES , 30 May, 2020 11:14
O/T Message to Rich W
IDLETIMES 30 May, 2020 11:14
I don't know if you are into these things but next Friday on Channel 5, Scenic Railways, The Northern Explorer between Auk. and Wellington

Re: O/T Message to Rich W
Rich W 30 May, 2020 16:47
Yeah. Will probably watch that.

IDLETIMES 30 May, 2020 16:59
It started off in the 1970s as The overnight Silver Star. I used to have a lovely trip up to my aunt and uncle in Auk. Set off from Dunedin to Christchurch on the Southerner, catch the overnight ferry from C.church. to Wellington, have day in that wonderful city, where I once met a young Winston Peters, then caught the 'Star to Auk.The single cabins had a trick where once you shut the door, you pulled a handle and a sink and toilet came out. Unfortunately it was a big loss leader and when Rodger Douglas did a 'Beeching' and slashed the railway, particularly in the South Island, it eventually became a daytime service and refurbished into what it now is

Johns 31 May, 2020 11:18
The fight from Auckland to Queens town is fantastic, then train at Arrow town.

IDLETIMES 31 May, 2020 11:44
Taking the South Island as a whole, it's probably the mist beautiful place on Earth

Rich W 31 May, 2020 11:54
Well there's an awful lot of the world I haven't seen but it's certainly the moody beautiful place I've been.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net