Next Game: To be confirmed....

Sinners and Bedford tie up.
Discussion started by harlequinade , 26 June, 2020 08:49
Sinners and Bedford tie up.
harlequinade 26 June, 2020 08:49
Looks quite sensible to me...
BBC
Quote:
Bedford Blues say they have been "given a lifeline" after Northampton Saints announced a strategic partnership with the Championship club.
The deal will see the clubs cooperate on a number of fronts, including the sharing of players and coaches.

The partnership also allows for joint training sessions.

Quote:
Access to Northampton's playing and coaching resources will ease the strain on the Blues' wage bill, while Saints say their younger coaches and players will benefit from exposure to the cut and thrust of the Championship.
"This long-term partnership will help safeguard our Championship status and allow us to build for the seasons ahead," Irvine continued.

"The decision was influenced by the challenging financial situation we face, not least as a result of the cuts announced by the RFU earlier this year and the uncertainty about future funding."

Northampton chief executive Mark Darbon said the relationship is for the "long term" and "could evolve further over time".

"The new partnership will be mutually beneficial, aiming to bring greater benefits to players and coaching staff at both clubs, as well as helping both organisations financially," Darbon said.

Bedford Blues director of rugby Mike Rayer added: "Given the current circumstances and longer-term picture, the partnership with Saints is a no-brainer.

I expect others will follow suit.

Us maybe?
If so who with?

Life is short,
and art long,
opportunity fleeting,
experimentations perilous,
and judgment difficult.

Re: Sinners and Bedford tie up.
Fat Boy 26 June, 2020 09:30
If us, maybe Nottingham? I'm pretty sure we used to have good links with Bedford, I can recall a few good players getting a few games there - but my impression is that there are closer ties to Nottingham now anyway. I do think it's got potential.

Ayerzawannabe 26 June, 2020 09:37
Cole, Varndell, Twelvetrees are went to Bedford.

In terms of last season
Championship: Ampthill, Nottingham
Nat 1: Moseley
Nat League 1: Students, Lions, Hinckley

All had loanees.

We also seem to have a good relationship with coventry mainly using there development players to help with the A league.

tigersimon 26 June, 2020 10:39
Coventry obviously have the Allen & Deacon links and would stop the pests (doubt they have any money to support a Championship side anyway!)
Always had good relationships with Nottingham including training together previously.
The disadvantage for the Championship club is that it is probably ruling out promotion for a time but hopefully ensures their survival.
Canít really see Bedford, Cov or Nottingham being promoted with Ealing, Jersey and SalaryCheats in the championship.

Captain Darling 26 June, 2020 10:57
Coventry link is presumably through Deacs and Allen these days.

Both have really good reputations as young coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if both are snapped up by Premiership set-ups in the near future.

Stopsy 26 June, 2020 11:33
Bedford were close with Saracens in recent seasons

Brownian Motion 26 June, 2020 11:36
If anyone mentions this to the BoD, suggest Cambridge for me? Ta.

Yorkie 26 June, 2020 14:33
We were close with Bedford when Andy Key was involved there iirc.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 26 June, 2020 17:47
Bedford have had similar tie ups to Saints, Saracens and looser one with us before.

I think a looser relationship with Cov, Notts and Doncaster would suit us and most importantly our players better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net