odd-shaped vagaries 26 June, 2020 16:24
... committed to Edinburgh

[www.bbc.co.uk]

The referee is the final arbitrary

Re: Glaws sniffin, but Cocker ...
SK 88 26 June, 2020 17:45
Quote:
Cockers
"I'm out of contract next May and if the union want me to stay on then I am very open to that, I have never alluded to anything different."

He's hustling for a new contract, fair play they will want him to renew and he will want the best value.

Stopsy 26 June, 2020 18:19
I also think he is a man of honour and his word

tigersimon 26 June, 2020 18:52
Thought Glaws were going for Skivs

SK 88 26 June, 2020 19:18
Fissler has linked Gloucester with at least 4 people (Cockers, Young, Skivington, Teague) and will presumably drop another name on Sunday, just so he can gloat that he "told you first" about any eventual appointment.

Rich W 27 June, 2020 01:23
If you spread enough @#$%&...

IDLETIMES 27 June, 2020 12:52
As honest as ever, our loss, their gain

tigersimon 27 June, 2020 19:58
Quote:
tigersimon
Thought Glaws were going for Skivs

Confirmed.

Maybe I should become a rugby journalist as I am obviously better than Fissler LOL

Yorkie 27 June, 2020 20:01

tigerburnie 27 June, 2020 23:08
Seems an odd choice, but who knows

tigersimon 28 June, 2020 06:15
[www.london-irish.com]

Irish not happy about how Skivs deal carried out.

000mjg 28 June, 2020 08:58
Quote:
tigersimon
https://www.london-irish.com/news/london-irish-to-consider-all-options-regarding-gloucester-approach-to-skivington/bp2624/
Irish not happy about how Skivs deal carried out.

Not surprised they are unhappy. Leaves them in a difficult position.

GT1 28 June, 2020 10:57
Interesting article about Matt Scott's coming to us - [www.rugbypass.com]

Ayerzawannabe 28 June, 2020 15:09
sounds like we got a bargain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2020 15:09 by Ayerzawannabe.

GlawsyD 28 June, 2020 19:53
GLOUCESTER RUGBY HAS SEEN THE STATEMENT FROM LONDON IRISH OF 27 JUNE 2020.

In light of the comments made in that statement, Gloucester Rugby wishes to clarify the position:

1. Gloucester Rugby openly advertised its Head Coach role in the usual way. George Skivington (“GS”) was the stand out candidate following that process.

2. Gloucester Rugby understood that GS was not restricted contractually from joining the club. Gloucester Rugby, nevertheless, directly and straightforwardly sought clarification of London Irish’s position. That clarification has not been forthcoming.

3. Gloucester Rugby is therefore surprised and disappointed by both the contents of statement from London Irish, and the forum in which it was released, not least in view of the proactive efforts made by Gloucester Rugby during the course of this week.

4. Gloucester Rugby will continue to seek to engage with London Irish, through the appropriate channels. Gloucester Rugby urges London Irish to do the same.

Gloucester Rugby will make no further comment.

He sent his men all over England into every shire..William I Christmas 1085 Gloucester.

IDLETIMES 28 June, 2020 20:15
Well that seems pretty clear, Glaws not at fault

Brownian Motion 28 June, 2020 20:49
That statement doesn't clarify anything, unless they are suggesting Skivington approached Gloucester first with his CV. And insofar as I'm aware, LI aren't obliged to reply to their overtures to let them speak to a contracted member of staff in any way.

John Tee 28 June, 2020 23:18
No, they weren't but they could have answered just the same.
Its been rumoured for days...what were they thinking?

If GS has a new contract deal, then GS must know he is bound...
but if he didnt sign one and they wanted a salary reduction, then he is out of contract.

Glaws presumably thought GS is out of contract, chased LI who didnt engage so signed him anyway and will pay compensation if entitled...

Yorkie 28 June, 2020 23:46
In recent weeks, contracts appear not to stand for a lot.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Jim H 29 June, 2020 09:54
Quote:
GlawsyD
2. Gloucester Rugby understood that GS was not restricted contractually from joining the club. Gloucester Rugby, nevertheless, directly and straightforwardly sought clarification of London Irish’s position. That clarification has not been forthcoming.

This is the key point - just because Gloucester thought they understood it doesn't mean they understood correctly.

It generally seems (from other coach moves) that the clubs confirm that the new club can speak to the coach, then the hiring club can talk to the coach. As LI didn't respond it doesn't mean carry on, it means do nothing until until you hear. Here it seems Gloucester just decided to go ahead.

LI have also stated GS was in contract for another year and that there were no contract breaches (no pay cut or no unagree pay cut). At the moment we can only guess exactly what went on, but someone (Glaws/LI or GS) has cocked this up...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net