Latest news:

Next Game: To be confirmed....

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
12 Tigers might be leaving
Discussion started by Tiggs , 29 June, 2020 08:23
12 Tigers might be leaving
Tiggs 29 June, 2020 08:23
Due to the wage dispute, including Internationals.
Club have given players a deadline of Tuesday to sign new deals.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Re: 12 Tigers might be leaving
RushdenTiger (KT at work) 29 June, 2020 08:29
It's all going very well.

Club morale must be at an all time high

Tiggs 29 June, 2020 08:33
See Beziers thread is for more info on this.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

SK 88 29 June, 2020 10:14
At least this rumour has a clear time horizon.

We'll see where we are on Wednesday. Beyond caring now, we'll see who turns up in August!

Rich W 29 June, 2020 10:45
Looks like another master-stroke from Peter Tom.

Irishjojo2000 29 June, 2020 10:48
Quote:
Rich W
Looks like another master-stroke from Peter Tom.

Yup 👍

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 29 June, 2020 11:13
Not a great start for SC's replacement.

Still is it just a case of 'if you ain't got it you can't spend it'?

Tigers are probably no different to a lot of those in the hospitality and entertainment industry. They've probably exhausted all the Government backed 'free money' (bounce back loans/CBIL's/Furlough funds/Local authority grants) and concluded that to just survive these moves are absolutely necessary and have no other options (especially if those 'investors' with additional funds are unwilling to pump more money in).

I do have a lot of sympathy for those who have to make these tough decisions. Whether it's been communicated and explained to the players properly is another matter.

Ayerzawannabe 29 June, 2020 11:26
Not 100% sure what the CEO can do in this circumstance.

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 29 June, 2020 11:40
Communicate and explain to the employees.

IDLETIMES 29 June, 2020 11:44
Well , she could have and probably did, argue the point from the players point of view and then pointed to the income v expenditure (non)balance sheet

Rich W 29 June, 2020 11:44
As I understand it PT went straight past her and direct to the players with his fait accompli.

IDLETIMES 29 June, 2020 11:48
Like Rushden says, morale at the club must be below the waterline now

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 29 June, 2020 11:52
Quote:
Rich W
As I understand it PT went straight past her and direct to the players with his fait accompli.

Well if that is indeed the case Tigers are well and truly stuffed re organisational and management reporting structures and lines of communication. Seems nothing has changed and until it does failure on the pitch is likely to continue.

What a @#$%& mess!

PrestonTiger 29 June, 2020 12:52
I wonder what...
Paddy
Cockers
Jonno
...really make of this mess.

johnthegrif 29 June, 2020 15:09
Nobody is going to be happy about a reduction in wages whatever the circumstances and they or their representatives are going to try to ensure that the reduction if applied is the minimum, that requires discussion. If twelve players are so upset that they are leaving it suggests that others have accepted the circumstance, lunch time news said eight players could leave, that may mean that agreement has been reached with four others. We are in strange times, if due to the pandemic Tiger's simply cannot afford to meet their liabilities do they try to cut costs or do they go into liquidation and make everybody redundant? Mostly our players are not overpaid but it could be in their best interest to accept offer on the table until the club and its rivals recover from the current situation. Whatever the outcome it must be the same for all players that remain with the club it is after all a team game.

PrestonTiger 29 June, 2020 15:37
But to go into liquidation, there has to be no liquid ... where as SK88 says, has the 8mil CVC cash disappeared to ?
It's also commercial suicide from the 2 major shareholders as their investment goes too.

So far its been approx 4 months since the world was turned upside down. The player wage bill for that period would have been approx 2million (using a simple / crude pro rata of the annual cap + some for the big tent etc). A 25% cut saves 500k. That's a long way from eating up the 8mil.
BT has put their in too to help.

Un Pilier 29 June, 2020 16:14
Not a happy place to be making my first post on here but just wanted to say Hi.

I'm new to this site but a longtime poster elsewhere, trying to stay positive through all this stuff!

SK 88 29 June, 2020 16:19
More like 3m & 750k I think but the point reasonably stands.

I am confused as to why major shareholders (biggest 6 worth well over 2bn in total) would let such a situation unravel without either covering it themselves or arranging a loan either from a bank, the government schemes or themselves.

And if the answer is Tom Scott doesn't have the money, why didn't he sell when he apparently received offers to sell last year? None of it makes any sense to me.

Rich W 29 June, 2020 17:00
Quote:
Un Pilier
Not a happy place to be making my first post on here but just wanted to say Hi.
I'm new to this site but a longtime poster elsewhere, trying to stay positive through all this stuff!

No - not happy - but welcome aboard anyway.

And un super surnom!

OldMarovian 29 June, 2020 18:32
Is this likely to be anything more than bluster from the players especially the Internationals? Where do they think they're going to go if they don't stay at Tigers as I'd guess that the Loophole deadline for the Premiership Cap last week means that all the other squads are sewn up tight as can be.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net