Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 26th Sep Away v RC Toulon ko 8.00pm live on BT
Game After: AP Wed 30th Sep Away v Bristol Bears ko 5.30pm live on BT

O/T/ Rob Burrow
Discussion started by IDLETIMES , 16 October, 2020 15:01
O/T/ Rob Burrow
IDLETIMES 16 October, 2020 15:01
BBC1, Sat. 1-15pm. If you didn't see this prog. first time round, watch it now. He played for Leeds, was as tough as they come, even by R.L. standards. He now has M.N.D. and this prog. has everything, drama, tragedy. devastation, hope inspiration and even a bit of comedy. You will weep when you hear his parents and wife and you will give him a standing ovation at the end, you won't be able to stop yourself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 11:37 by IDLETIMES.

Re: O/T/ Rob Burrows
Rich W 16 October, 2020 15:57
The cut version I've seen absolutely ruined me!

Stopsy 16 October, 2020 16:15
I watched it, very moving

Sara'sman 16 October, 2020 17:13
Rob has phenomenal courage. For those who don't know, he was, for many years, the smallest player in Super League and a key component in the dominant side. Wen I moved up here Leeds also had the tallest and local busses and billboards advertised this fact with an eye opening side by side photo. His previous courage on the field is now matched by his, and his wonderful wife's, off the park.

Sadly, in his career he took too many head shots, two in particular that were not convincingly accidental when facing Australian sides. His decline has been rapid. The program also includes a brief cameo by Doddie Wier and their fortitude is both inspiring and humbling. Do watch.

Tom Paine 17 October, 2020 11:15
Sorry to be pedantic, Idle, but his name is Rob Burrow. Don't know for certain if the blows to the head were in anyway linked to the onset of the disease, Sara'sman, but they can't have helped. I too applaud the courage of the man both on the field and in such extreme adversity.

Re: O/T/ Rob Burrow
IDLETIMES 17 October, 2020 14:28
Thanks Tom, you are correct

Stopsy 17 October, 2020 15:39
Watching the challenge cup final, they certainly have a more relaxed attitude to head shots.

Tom Paine 17 October, 2020 17:48
I've always thought that, Stopsy. Lots of seatbelt tackles on view. RL is wide open to litigation but, more importantly, the damage their laxity allows to players' brains is morally indefensible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net