Next Game: ERCC Sat 26th Sep Away v RC Toulon ko 8.00pm live on BT
Game After: AP Wed 30th Sep Away v Bristol Bears ko 5.30pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stanko gone
Discussion started by Stopsy , 16 October, 2020 17:30
Stanko gone
Stopsy 16 October, 2020 17:30
Offy - one of the few positive coaching inputs in recent years. Effusive praise from both sides but no clue as to why

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 17:31 by Stopsy.

Re: Stanko gone
penguin 16 October, 2020 17:44
Reading the report worded for me that he has gone rather than we wanted him to.... another position maybe that he has wanted to move into or even going home.

Stopsy 16 October, 2020 17:48
I think so as if it was the club plan we might not need Steve to step in. Unless there was a bust up.

Whatever, hes been a great asset to the club and I thank him and wish him and his every happiness and success in all that is to come.

Ayerzawannabe 16 October, 2020 17:48
If Petrus du Plessis can get the Wallabies scrum coach Role Boris should have his pick.
My guess is he's going to be a forwards coach somewhere.

Excellent coach will be tough shoes to fill.

tigersimon 16 October, 2020 17:55
Firstly all the best Boris, once a Tiger always a Tiger. Secondly WTF is Geordan and the board doing in letting him leave!!

Ayerzawannabe 16 October, 2020 17:58
What can the board really do?
Borthwick was hired to be the Head coach and lead the Forwards (ala Cockerill)
IF Boris is leaving to move up then Tigers really couldn't afford or have the room for him.

Now if he moves to a prem club as a scrum coach then I will 100% agree with the WTF is going on though.

Fat Boy 16 October, 2020 18:22
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
What can the board really do?

Manacles? ...though it's questionable whether or not they'd be strong enough to hold him.

All the best to him though, he's been a great asset to the team down the years both on and off the pitch.

arh53 16 October, 2020 18:40
Oh bum.

Rich W 16 October, 2020 18:55
Feckty

Yorkie 16 October, 2020 19:14
Quote:
tigersimon
Secondly WTF is Geordan and the board doing in letting him leave!!

Letting a guy who has made a massive contribution to the club advance his career and earn more cash (I assume.).

Now if he shows up as a scrum coach or similar at another/lesser club then you may have a point.

TBH, once SB arrived, and so blocking Stanko's advancement to forwards coach, it was always just a matter of time before Stanko moved on. I had hoped we'd get another season from him. That he'd think it was worth sticking around to learn from SB. Or has he realised already that the latter ain't going to happen?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 16 October, 2020 19:25
I am surprised that we do not require him as a forwards coach, but a full time scrum coach certainly seems like an extravagance now.

Genuine question ... do we need a replacement or could Cole follow on in the way that Cockers, Rowntree and Stanko have stepped straight into the scrum role from playing?

Ayerzawannabe 16 October, 2020 19:48
Didn't Stanko spend a season as player coach in Newport?
Cole could possibly do it.

But one of the big pluses to having a dedicated scrum coach was that Stanko would coach the Academy, Development team and Seniors (+ sometimes Lough Students) I don't know if Cole could do that.

Yorkie 16 October, 2020 19:53
No Cole couldn't if he was still training/resting to play in the first team. IMVHO of course.

Tiggs 16 October, 2020 20:53
Almost impossible to replace with anyone equally as good, and so will be a big loss in the one department that we generally had an advantage over our opposition. I hope that we did everything in our power to keep him, otherwise it is another big nail in the coffin of our club, IMO. 😭

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

SK 88 16 October, 2020 22:01
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Didn't Stanko spend a season as player coach in Newport?
Cole could possibly do it.

But one of the big pluses to having a dedicated scrum coach was that Stanko would coach the Academy, Development team and Seniors (+ sometimes Lough Students) I don't know if Cole could do that.

Understand what you mean, I should have been clearer, I meant for the first team only mainly.

Kimbo 16 October, 2020 22:33
If he wants to spend a bit more time at the BPA again, he'd be very welcome.
(Assuming the friggin' Championship ever starts up again).

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 17 October, 2020 15:39
I don't know what to make of it but the words 'sinking ship' and 'rats' spring to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 17:10 by RushdenTiger (KT at work).

Stopsy 17 October, 2020 16:08
Id never describe him as a rat....

Yorkie 17 October, 2020 16:33
Quote:
Stopsy
Id never describe him as a rat....

Well not to his face! (Sm14)

Stopsy 17 October, 2020 16:39
From what I have seen of the man Id not describe him that way ever

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net