Next Game: ERCC Sat 26th Sep Away v RC Toulon ko 8.00pm live on BT
Game After: AP Wed 30th Sep Away v Bristol Bears ko 5.30pm live on BT

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The case for ring fencing is clear
Discussion started by Stopsy , 17 October, 2020 18:57
The case for ring fencing is clear
Stopsy 17 October, 2020 18:57
What a disgraceful result a team promoted to the top league conquers Europe.

Well done Exeter.

Re: The case for ring fencing is clear
GT1 17 October, 2020 19:03
To be honest Racing pretty much gifted it to them imho
Racing's half backs were shocking for most of the time!

Stopsy 17 October, 2020 19:30
If only we could be as rubbish as to even qualify for the competition

melton tiger 17 October, 2020 20:12
A great story, shame it was in lockdown, I'm sure half of Devon would have been there if they could have been. I actually think there is an economic case for ringfencing for a few years - but at Championship level.

Mattwillarms 17 October, 2020 21:31
Well done to Exeter. It really is a fantastic achievement.

Rich W 18 October, 2020 00:18
Well done to the most cynical team I've seen.

Stopsy 18 October, 2020 08:48
A title we once held in the view of other clubs

PrestonTiger 18 October, 2020 11:23
Yes we've definitely lost that ability

Rich W 18 October, 2020 12:22
I'm not sure we were cynical. I certainly accept that a we were guilty of a degree of cheating - I don't mind that. But there's something almost industrial about the way Exeter subvert the nature of the game that I just find objectionable.

RushdenTiger (KT at work) 18 October, 2020 13:39
Yes, well done to the 'cultural appropriationists'.

SimonG19 18 October, 2020 13:56
The old adage if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything at all would have prevented one or two on here from sinking even lower in the estimation of many people in my opinion.

Rich W 18 October, 2020 13:57
That as well.

Yorkie 18 October, 2020 15:20
Quote:
Rich W
Well done to the most cynical team I've seen.

That's as maybe but refs allow it so it ain't wrong. Something we need to rediscover, playing the ref without upsetting them.

On the commentary yesterday a comment was made which struck a chord with me. Exeter have come up with their system/way which they continue to refine and improve upon. And they recruit players to fit and play within the confines of their way rather than bringing in players and then building the game plan around those players. A lesson for Tigers?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Brownian Motion 18 October, 2020 15:54
Quote:
RushdenTiger (KT at work)
Yes, well done to the 'cultural appropriationists'.

Indeed.

Tom Paine 18 October, 2020 17:33
I still feel that latching on to the ball carrier before contact should be outlawed. It's dangerous for the initial tackler, makes it difficult for defenders to get near the ball after the tackle and consequently is almost impossible to defend legally through multiple phases. Ex have perfected the technique and have the big forwards to deploy it. Fair play to them, but imagine if every team went down the same route. It's not the kind of rugby I like to watch.

jojo 18 October, 2020 17:41
TP(Sm152)thumbs down

IDLETIMES 18 October, 2020 19:05
You cant take it away from them from where they started to where they have just arrived. Baxter seems to have an almost supernatural talent for linking youth with experience. Could he do it with Eng. If I were him I wouldn't touch that poisoned cauldron with the proverbial bargepole

OldMarovian 18 October, 2020 19:10
Quote:
SimonG19
The old adage if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything at all

Given it's you posting Simon that's literally the funniest thing I have heard since lockdown.

SimonG19 19 October, 2020 11:36
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
SimonG19
The old adage if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything at all

Given it's you posting Simon that's literally the funniest thing I have heard since lockdown.

From someone like you who has abused me and others on other threads that is the most predictable thing I have heard since lockdown. But well done on posting something directed at me without abuse this time.

OldMarovian 19 October, 2020 13:21
Saying you're a troll who seldom posts about rugby but just goes on the wind up on boards including Saracens, Chiefs and Baths isn't abuse it's a fact. Stop being such a hypocrite and crybaby.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net